ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cam Belt Change.

I have just been quoted £555 for a Cam Belt Kit change for my clio 172. This quote if from my local Renault dealer in West Wales. Its due for its 5 year change and has done 54000 miles. Do you think this is steep? I might get a quote from my local garage!?

DC5
I got a 60k service, cam belt and MOT done for £204 :) Perks of knowing a man who can.

Think £555 is a little steep, but I know they are not exactly cheap from a stealer. Shop around.

172mk2 - flame
Good price from Renault mine quoted more £800ish! Look around I paid £430 @ RSTuning

Clio MK2 172
Renault quoted me £615 but I found a place in Cardiff for £350, they fcked it up and it snapped when I drove it home so I had complete rebuild for free, runs lovely now....bargin concidering the parts cost around £1700 and + days labour...though I dont thing they will ever change a Clio Sport belt ever again....

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Thing it I bet this 550 is just for the change, not including the big service as well.

I'd be aiming to pay £500 for a full major service plus full belt change with the proper cam belt kit.

Don't forget aux belt and waterpump to.

No need IMo to do waterpump its off the aux belt so if it does need chnaging it not like a 1.2/1.4 etc.

The aux belt has to be chnaged when you do the cambelt as it has to be removed and shoulnd't be reused.

172 cup (again)
Hi Mate

I had a quote from the dealers in Abergavenny and they wanted £580 for the cambelt change on my cup

Gave Brecon Renault a call and they only want £420, bargain for a stealer, its going there in October when the car is 5yr old

Brecon is only down the A40 for you if you didnt want to drive to Rentech or RStuning e.t.c?

Cup'd Monaco 172
Make sure you clarify that the price is for just the belts or rest of the service or both.

My local renault want £400 for the service excluding the belts!!

I am doing it myself now....

Cup'd Monaco 172
Nice work, my local eurocarparts are sourcing all the bits for me currently and I am going to get a timing locking off ebay.