ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cat - where's the code?

mini cooper s
Hi

I am wanting to sell my OEM 172 cat to a scrappy but they want me to confirm the cat's "code" number. They said it should be somewhere on the outside but i can't find it (there's a LOT of surface corrosion). Please can someone help me with where to look? ideally a photo as I'll try and lightly sand off the rust covering in that area (I am guessing if they can't see the code they won't buy it from me).

(fyi, it's not useable on a car - it passed MOT but the mounting points have rusted away).

Cheers!
Paul

mini cooper s
Is this a square one? Cheers
IMG_2068.JPG

mini cooper s
Thanks. 150 is a lot more than I was thinking looking at previous posts, but hope you’re right. No sign of any number...anyone know what number should be hidden on there?

mini cooper s
Just had a quote £163 (collected I think). Result! That'll almost pay for the used OEM replacement I bought from Renparts the other week.

mini cooper s
Just dropped it off at scrapcatalysts.co.uk in Manchester for an instant payment of 163 by bacs. Nice guys would recommend them. They said the price of Palladium is high at the moment and petrol cats have gone up (diesel down). Anyway thanks for the help all.