ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 CD Changer

Car  BMW E46 330i Touring
This is a really basic question, but I only tried once this evening and the book is in the car still, so thought I'd just get a quick answer on here!

How do you get the CD Changer cartridge out of the changer in the Phase 1 172? I've slid the 'door' back and tried pressing the orange button, with and without ignition on, but nothing.

I haven't read how to do it in the manual yet, so please excuse my ignorance, but I'm in my dressing gown and it's bugging me!

Ta ;)
 
Hmm, I'll have to check all the wiring when it's light and I have a bit of time to spare. Glad I'm not completely stupid though! I assumed it was the orange button which did the business... should the cartridge just slide out towards me?
 
Yeah it's green actually... my mistake!

I've tried it with the ignition / HU on and also off. I'm guessing that there's a connection loose or something as the guy fitted it back into his car just before I bought it off him, and I don't know if he tested it.

I'll have to unscrew it and take it out and then get the manual out and make sure everything is in the right place... I need my CD's!
 
Does your car have the standard head-unit or is there a new one in there? As the cd-changer wont work if its not used with the standard Renault tape player iirc
 
Back
Top