ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Climbing the Mileage, Updates *pics*

Hey everyone, had my 172 for about a month or so no, loving every second so far :D
Bought it for £1500 with 48K on the clock and its a 03 plate, and its cat c so good price just for a Cat C! Im doing daily commutes totaling to about 300 miles a week just to work and back,
so not including out with mates or just personal use.

Bought car completely stock and is still remaining so for a couple more days/weeks, then the back seats are out and moar lows etc etc

So here it is! :p

SORRY its not Clean!! I gave it a clean later but as im in wales bring on the fuucking rain!!

clio1_zps2d849a3c.jpg

clio2_zpsfca6f3d0.jpg

DAT ASS
datass_zps14421ff6.jpg

Running on fumes :eek:
clockflair_zpscbf14173.jpg

And tonight I put these plates on the car, I did look on here and I got the wrong size :( and obviously its JaredHasNoBrain and the 555 is my birthday cos im born on the 5th :D
Thought the "uMadBro?" would be a cute touch haha!

platez_zps369f3185.jpg

And on my way home from being out with Joel trying to take my back seats out which ended up having a bolt end rounded and looks like im gunna
have to take a hack saw or dremmel to it, but a couple of foot from outside my house I hit these sexy figures ;)

49999_zps74110256.jpg

And I didnt want to end the night on a odd number (weird problem I got) I headed back out and get this!

5k_zps1899ef74.jpg

And thats pretty much it, will post up some more pics as soon as I get coilovers and the back seats out in the end!!
Then ill see whats what!

Thanks for reading and hope you like my car :D!

Last edited:
  FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
No stickers on the bumper, so I'm assuming it was declared Cat C due to a front ender.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Cat C for a cracked windscreen these days.... but the stereotype still remains.....*sigh*

And it should - because the stereotype for selling on a cat c still remains as does insurance i.e a pain and expensive.

Overpriced? its only got 48K and light front end damage, he was asking for £2k but i got him down to £1500
Everywhere else in my area, i couldnt find any below 80K for less tha £2k
And I didn't want to drive for hours to get a car

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Did you see the car prior to being repaired? When did the damage happen?

Personally I would have bought one with 80k that doesn't have accident history, mileage is less important to me accident repairs.

Seen a picture of it yeah, like I said light front end damage was only a cracked/split bumper,
I obviously checked the slam panel and the chassis, radiator and everything like that and no problems at all, Also sounds childish but my mum wouldn't let me buy anything above how ever many miles I done on my other car as she said its a waste of money! haha

I've been driving it with no problems and its got its service history/mot's to say everythings well :D

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
I'm not trying to say there is anything wrong with it, just that £1500 (IMO) is too much for a cat c car.

I presume it's been VIC tested (should say on the V5 i think) and that you have informed your insurance company?

I know where your coming from, I just thought that was a good price, Cat C isn't anything major, ive had one before nothing went wrong and my mates got/had cat c cars, no problem ever occured :)

yeah it has :)

Clio 172 Ph2
I'm not trying to say there is anything wrong with it, just that £1500 (IMO) is too much for a cat c car.

I presume it's been VIC tested (should say on the V5 i think) and that you have informed your insurance company?

Cant be on the road or have a V5 if it didnt have a VIC test..... alhought the word 'test' is used in its loosest context...

Sooner we get away from the 'writen off so must be a complete mess underneath the filler' the better.....

I rebuild CAT C crs all the time... 90% are broken bumpers and one was a broken wing mirror FFS a 2003 1.2 Privilidge full renault history and 60k miles...... but ooooooo watch out its was a 'write off'

Insurance companies dont give a flying whatsit if its been a CAT C just means if you do total it again ( ie do more damage than the car is worth to repair ) then they will only pay out 75% of the PAV......

*Rant Over*