ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Continental 195-45-16 Tyres

Standard front tyres had to be replaced and Kwik Fit wanted £93 each.....

I paid £117 for 2 all in, from Elites - 01708 525577 Rainham Essex - 15 minutes from Romford.

Worth a ring.

172nightrider

Why did you go for more contis? (just wondering as my fronts will soon need replacing (contemplated swapping them with the rears but might be too worn to do that)

I was told "you cant rotate tryes from right to left on the 172", dont know about rear to front.... might be worth finding out? The contis have good grip but wear out quickly, but at 56 a piece i aint complaining..... i thought i was looking at an easy £200...

172nightrider

Hmm, just found out you can buy the alloys inc tyres inc centercaps for £123 from Renault! I cant see a reason why you cant rotate the types except from a grip point of view, putting low tread tyres on the back for example might cause it to slide out more?

as i understand it, some tyres have directional tread so you can swap them from back to front and vice versa but not left to right cos then the tread would be going the wrong way.

Yes I think some do - I guess you dont use those treads on spare wheels - LOL

AFAIK the contis are not direction, its usually the v-cut tyres etc

Astra 1.9cdti XP

You can stick the Contis anywhere you like! I swapped mine over no probs but I think its best to buy 2 new tyres cos its a lot cheaper than 4 new tyres!!

tell me about it, just took my car to a garage to get wheels aligned and was told that i need four new tyres - £170! i know this is not alot compared to some but its definately alot more than is in my bank account!!

Ill swap em and see what its like - got a track day so that should be entertaining. Then ill buy a full set of boots before when needed. (maybe before winter sets in as ill rag the old rears probably :)

320d M Sport

werent you curious to try another make for comparison? EG Toyo Goodyear? Most of us have swapped after we burned through our front tyres!

Ad

MK2 FRS

Tony, did you see that in the for sale thread???? I thought it read like that but the alloys are 123 a piece plus tyres!!!