ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cooling fan question

I think my fan works fine. But I remember it happened before that the fan was still on when I turn off my car. It was becos the weather was too hot, same as the engine bay.

But I don't see this happen anymore within the last 3 yrs even the weather is crazy hot!!! I am thinking if there is any sensor to detect the temp which may make the fan keep running for a while after engine been turned off??

Pls advice :)

Last edited:
  Bus w**ker
I've never heard/felt my fan come on yet. But it's also never over heated or got close so I don't worry too much lol. I would expect it to come on whether the engine was running or not though, I know Addz's one on his Vee does...lots.

It's A Reno
I think my fan works fine. But I remember it happened before that the fan was still on when I turn off my car. It was becos the weather was too hot, same as the engine bay.

But I don't see this happen anymore within the last 3 yrs even the weather is crazy hot!!! I am thinking if there is any sensor to detect the temp which may make the fan keep running for a while after engine been turned off??

Pls advice :)

Drive faster and harder. ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
I've never heard/felt my fan come on yet. But it's also never over heated or got close so I don't worry too much lol. I would expect it to come on whether the engine was running or not though, I know Addz's one on his Vee does...lots.

Turn your aircon on an look under the bonnet. It does come on.