ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Accel Pedal Question

172 CUP
Hi all!

I have an '03 172 Cup, and have noticed a switch as the Accelerator pedal is pushed to the floor (like a kick-down switch) which does nothing (apparently its a safety switch for models with cc).

I had a go in my mates '03 172 Cup yesterday, and his doesn't seem to have this switch!

Was this put on some but not others? Should it be there? and which cup owners have noticed this switch?

Cheers!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I beleive it's for overridding the cruise control/ speed limiter. If your using them putting your foot down on the accelerator shouldn't make any difference, until you hit that switch and go pass it then you should gain control of the throttle again

BMW M135i
I beleive it's for overridding the cruise control/ speed limiter. If your using them putting your foot down on the accelerator shouldn't make any difference, until you hit that switch and go pass it then you should gain control of the throttle again
Correct, doesn't matter on a cup as it hasn't got cruise control/speed limiter.