ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup badge

172 cup

Half of one of 2s on my passenger side 172 cup badgehas fallen off, so i went along to my local renault garage to buy one. After the guy asking me which side i needed it for (wtf?), looking confused on the pc for about 10 mins and walking back and forward i gave him the part number. He then told me they didnt have any but would cost me £8 plus VAT, which is strange when everybody else seems to get theirs for about 2quid plus VAT. Anyway i just laughed and said i wouldnt bother. Bloody rip off. They dont even seem to sell them on ebay anymore either. All this hassle for a 2.:mad:

Looks like ill just take the 172 off both sides and leave the cup on.

172 cup

£8 plus VAT is a complete rip off. When i was trying to get a replacement sport badge they wanted £19 plus VAT for that. Oh well. with the bottom bit of the 2 thats fallen off it looks like i have a rare CUP 177. Ill just do the same to the other side. lol.

mk1 172

ive got 2 sets i bought off mike a while back.

decided not to put them on, you can have them if you want...pm me, going to peepees now though

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by jaf78 on 02 April 2005

£8 plus VAT is a complete rip off. When i was trying to get a replacement sport badge they wanted £19 plus VAT for that. Oh well. with the bottom bit of the 2 thats fallen off it looks like i have a rare CUP 177. Ill just do the same to the other side. lol.
Just mod it give you 5 bhp more!! Much easier!