ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup, Changing Seats For Mr2. Will airbag light come on?

172 Cup
Hi Guys,

I have been looking on the forums and cannot find a definitive answer. Was wondering if you can help. I am planning on changing the standard 172 Cup seats for a couple of seats from a mk2 MR2 or Evo 6 (a friend is going to fabricate mounts, etc). Will this trigger the airbag warning light?

I know that the 172 Cup seats do not have any airbags in them and that there are no side airbags to worry about. I think that under the 172 seat is a block which links only to the seatbelt pre-tensioner..... therefore, in theory, I simply bolt in the new seat and plug in this pre-tensioner block just like it is today, I should get no warning lights? Basicaly, as its a Cup, I dont actually have to do anything with resistors to stop the light coming on.

Is that about right?

Will

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I think the Cup has a Seat position sensor which will throw the SRS light on if you don't leave it in place. Apart from that it's all gravy

172 Cup
Like Mick says, you may have to use a resistor for the seat position sensor and as long as you leave the pre-tensioner plugged in as normal then you shouldnt get any warning lights