ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Coilover Advice

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Hi people

Im going to be getting some coilovers for my 172 cup within the next few weeks at 1st i was set on Gaz but ive heard mixed reviews and im now tempted to spend a little more for the perfect set up and ride i heard H&R are very good my budget is £900 max wheres the best priced place???

So what is my best option peeps HELP!!! Lol

Much love
kyle

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
KTec or FK :)

With your budget not the above!

Would suggest Bilstiens (good price here http://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault-clio-2-rs-172-172-cup-182-bilstein-b14-coilover-kit.html ) or H&R!

Danny at 519 also stocks Spax kits which seem like good value.

Have a word with Dan, the Spax kits he's doing are good and they're on discount at the moment http://www.519automotive.co.uk/ menu on the left. Great service, and he knows his stuff. Just make sure you call him and don't pm him, Dan does turn green and his clothes shred if you do!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
ktec are cheap but good though, my friend had had them and said they are much better ride than his spax and bilstein...

stop with the abuse and chill out.

Ktec branded suspension is fine, but it's budget kit. They wouldn't try to tell you anything else. Martin at K-tec runs spax on his own car.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
ktec are cheap but good though, my friend had had them and said they are much better ride than his spax and bilstein...

stop with the abuse and chill out.

Brilliant.

I had them briefly on my old 172 and they are fairly s**te, they definitely don't ride better than Spax or Billys but are ok for around £200, not £300.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I got bilstein B14s on mine. They needed a refurb after just over 2 years. Just had them done at a cost of just under £300. Taking the H&R's are the same as bilstein just a sticker difference I'd try the spax. Don't get me wrong I really like the billies but a bit angry they only lasted that long. Plus spax have more adjustment available with damping and a rear coilover option

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I got bilstein B14s on mine. They needed a refurb after just over 2 years. Just had them done at a cost of just under £300. Taking the H&R's are the same as bilstein just a sticker difference I'd try the spax. Don't get me wrong I really like the billies but a bit angry they only lasted that long. Plus spax have more adjustment available with damping and a rear coilover option

ill defo look into that bud its defo going to be out the the 3 for sure the spax are very slightly cheaper aswell