ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup gearbox circlip?

Silver 172
Just curious if the 172 cup has a different gearbox design or does it still have a common falt of the circlip snapping?

340i
yes all 172's still use the circlip...

182 differentials are bolt in, I.E do not use the circlip :)

Silver 172
so the only thing you can do about stopping the circlip going all the time is to fit a 182 gearbox?

this is the first ive ever head of it going, all the cups i no of get some abuse and never heard there boxs going.

yh the cup gearbox is a one of a kind my friend :)

www.renparts.co.uk
Late 172's and 182's have the plate. We hear of it quite a bit. Once its popped the clip once it will keep coming out. All our rebuilt ones will soon have a plate but the engineering chap never gets round to machining them for me.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Wheel spinnage and jumping off kerbs will pop a shaft - easy fix ( buy new dont fit used ones ) they cost a couple of quid.

3 - 7700720854 ( 1.8mm width ) £4.98 + vat or 8200790496 ( 2.8mm width ) £9.80 + vat

4 - 8200295074 £1.87 + vat

Attachments

• 01008445_1.png
    01008445_1.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 538
  Silver 172
had the problem of it popping on my old 172 and once it went the first time it just kept popping all the time, even went when i was driving about 30mph just driving about normal, which really pissed me off.. its the only thing stopping me from buying annother 172

You will have no drive. Probably be able to get it into gear and let the clutch out but the car wont go anywhere. If its a Ph1 or early Ph2 that uses the speedo sensor in the back of the gearbox the speedo will rise as you are doing it too

182cup & 172 racecar
Agency Transmissions
Unit 17k Shrub Hill
Worcester
WR4 9EL
tel: 01905 24896

Our guy does something and puts a thicker circlip in,we have been banging our off the kerbs a races and had no problem yet.

172 cup toyota glanz
what a pain they are 2nd time for me now once they pop they just dont stop lol
is there a soulotion ie modding the box