ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup insurance for young driver

Can anyone recomend a good insurance company that will insure a 19yr old on a 172 cup.

I have found someone to purchase my 172 cup but the guy is having some trouble finding a company that will insure him.

Any ideas?

thanks

Monaro VXR
Maybe try a company that is suited for young drivers or hot hatch owners. But at 19 hes gonna find it hard. Without being under a parents insurance. He should be able to find a place its just it wont be cheap at all :/

182 and 5 GTT
im 19 and can get quotes on a cup arround the 1700 region. Thats in my own name with 2 years no claims and 2 years driving though. Without the no claims i doubt anyone would touch him tbh. Im looking at getting a cup in the next few weeks so if your sale falls through, put it in the forsale section

Audi TT roadster
i found that direct line were the cheapest for me. 580 for me and my brother both under 25, but thats with 3 points:banghead: and 5 years no claims

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
i am 19 with no no claims, insured on a full fat 182 with admiral at 2200 on a 10 month bonus accelerator policy

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
22 2yrs ncb with AIM full advanced licence, 1 accident, 3 points for £906 with elephant mate, good luck bud

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
hes going to have to go on his parents name to get a decent quite, especially if he has no NCB

elephant quoted me £3,000 a year fully comp on my 1.2 16V with just me on the policy, 17yr old with a full uk licence + pass pluss, crazy

DC5
Elephant was cheapest I could find until I turned 21. Then it was privlege.

My gf is 19, hasn't got an RS, but her cheapest was with Admiral.

S2000
Martin_89 said:
hes going to have to go on his parents name to get a decent quite, especially if he has no NCB

elephant quoted me £3,000 a year fully comp on my 1.2 16V with just me on the policy, 17yr old with a full uk licence + pass pluss, crazy

I was the same at 17 mate but now that I am 18 once I have had my license a year (early december) my quotes cut from £1700 for a 1.4RT to £700 or only £1000 TPFT for a valver with bell.co.uk. I just can't find anywhere that will come close to bell for a quote at the moment.

172 Cup & 600BHP supra
just to help, but bell and elephant are the same as ADMIRAL, just different trading names. So if u get a quote with one it will be either exactly the same or very close!

S2000
Killer Cup said:
just to help, but bell and elephant are the same as ADMIRAL, just different trading names. So if u get a quote with one it will be either exactly the same or very close!

That's not always the case.

It may be in the same sort of region for some quotes but for others it can be vastly different. I can't remember what elephant were wanting for me insured on a valver but I know that it would have been more that I could afford where as with bell it's within my price range.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Killer Cup said:

thats a pile of pap as admiral quoted me 1600, 700 more than elephant! :sleepy:

Just like to say thanks to everyone. Just sold the car today.
It turns out the the guy was 18, not 19 that why he was having trouble with the insurance companies.
Finally decided to insure the car under his mothers policy.

And once again thanks to everyone.