ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/cup lookalike!!!

Just wondering if there anyone out there who has made a dynamique look like a 172?

Like adding the skirts and the 16" alloys, im giving serious thought of getting hold of some skirts as on the dynamique it just feels like there is somethiing missing.

any pictures would be great

The aptly named Pretender did! Its not cheap, either him or his dad worked for Renault i think which helped him get discounts.

I thought about doing this when i first got my car, id say its worth waiting for bits, search for scrappies with 172s, offer stupidly low prices for stuff, some will say yes! Going new is a nightmare, the 172 grille alone is £150+

You will need front arches, sideskirts, front and rear bumpers, grille, different spoiler for the Cup, wheels and the interior.

Personally though, having Cup wheels and lowering my car 80mm i thought it looked better than any standard 172/182.

-Rob

R26

lol should have put a black sprt next to it not a dark blue one.

Anyway, the dynamique does look good but those plastic bumpers mean that it aint going to look better than a standard 172 and in no way a 182. It is just my opinion too but i have both dynamique and 182 and for the last two years the black plastic bits annoyed me on my dynamique - so eventually went 182

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

You can instantly tell a 172 from a normal clio by the wider arches though.

Ok ok. Lets help out the kid and not clog his thread, im sure every 182 owner would think there car looks better than mind did. Case closed!

-Rob

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 20 October 2004I used to get kids asking me for a drive round the block, cant see that happening in a 172!-Rob

Sure that wasnt the big bag of sweets and the puppy on the passenger seat?
;)

R26

lol. All joking aside, I like what you have done to your dynamique - so much that I may just have to do it to mine. If and when i get a cash windfall

Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 20 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 20 October 2004

I used to get kids asking me for a drive round the block, cant see that happening in a 172!

-Rob

Sure that wasnt the big bag of sweets and the puppy on the passenger seat?
;)

Cant beat rohypnol..

Thanks escobar, the modifications cost me in the region of £2k. Probably best to stick that into the 182 instead.

-Rob

Thats a bit of an A-Z approach. Theres all that time in between, no car is perfect, and i dont think theres any harm making the ownership experience a bit more personal. But sure, if you can hold out, that would be the sensible thing to do.

Rob

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i thought robb cars looked awesome...but a cup with a 80mm drop would look better right?? at any rate if u want to do an exterior conversion its gonna cost u a lot. i think black fox has the car pretender used to have. it was a mint job.

on the other hand i can c y some 172 owners wouldnt be keen on this as ud lose all ur races (if u had any!) and get people in vtrs saying they could have 172s easily...not good if u ask me.

wow pretty costly then, i was think with the with the skirts it would look alot better but i think its the arches that make the big difference on the 172. Now iv just to decide between some 172 wheels or some OZ titans

With the 172 wheels you need spacers on the back, with Cup ones, you dont (theyre also made by Speedline at a different ET, meaning they appear wider).

-Rob

hi i have a clio 182 bodykit for sale Front bumper, wings, rear bumper and side skirts and also the 182 wheels. what colour is your car as the body kit is siver!!!!!!!! Not for sale for another 3week ish... e-mail me a mailto:lindon_jackson@yahoo.co.uk">lindon_jackson@yahoo.co.uk