ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup MOT Pass Information

Clio 172 Cup
Went through the typical story when I went to MOT my new 172 Cup today having been told it had failed due to a missing brake conpensator spring. Nearest dealer offered to sell me a complete compensator for £85, so rather than think about the problem they'd rather fleece me instead :mad:

Did some digging around after reading through all the previous posts on the topic, and found references to MOT Newsletter 31 from VOSA. Having found a copy from their website at:

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/publications/mot%20-%20issue%2031%20-%20apr%202006.pdf

I printed this out and tool it to the centre, who read through it, apologised and issued me with a pass centificate :D

Thanks to this forum for all the useful advise, oh and NealP for selling me his car too...

Banana
Nice one mate, that is exactly the literature I'm looking for. It even includes a bit about the low braking force at the rear. MOT due November, I can stop sweating now!

172CUP/Fiesta supersport
any idea where this info can be gotten from now? as that link is now dead.......MOT later on this afternoon......argh.