ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup not running properly.

172 cup
My cup keeps spluttering at low and high revs, mid range it pulls fine. Iv changed the spark plugs twice now and it fixes the problem for a few weeks but now its back again. It judders when u put your foot down at low revs then when it gets up the rev range to about 4500rpm the revs just stick and take an age to pull up.

Anyone else had this problem? Could it be running to rich and ruinin the plugs?

Thanks

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Could be a number of things mate, mine was doing the same and it turned out to be a loose connection on the TB so check that.

It could also be the TB itself, also check the leads while your there

172 cup
Could be a number of things mate, mine was doing the same and it turned out to be a loose connection on the TB so check that.

It could also be the TB itself, also check the leads while your there

Cheers mate il have a look, just strange how its fine for a few weeks when i change the plugs

Do you do lots of short journeys at low RPM/Speed as well?

Immediate thoughts are CTS failed in a way that its always on cold start or lambdas failing to swing properly but both failing in a way to cause it to overfuel are rare! Or possibly consistant spark failure but that'd be weird.

Not got a silly "power boost valve" or similar have you?

Cheers
M

172 cup
Do you do lots of short journeys at low RPM/Speed as well?

Immediate thoughts are CTS failed in a way that its always on cold start or lambdas failing to swing properly but both failing in a way to cause it to overfuel are rare! Or possibly consistant spark failure but that'd be weird.

Not got a silly "power boost valve" or similar have you?

Cheers
M

No my work is 22 miles away so shes always fine n warm.

No unfortunately iv not got a 'power boost valve'

Exhaust is decatted however? Could that be contributin to the problem? Never did it in the past tho and I have no warning lights on the dash.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I had the same issue with my cup... Turned out to be a build up of Carbon in the TB, Might be worth taking it off and giving it a clean.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Coilpack, HT leads, Plugs are the usual suspects mate. Just fixed a cup last week with the same symptoms which turned out to be a faulty HT lead arc'ing off the body