ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup or 182 ??

Iceberg 172 Cup
having owned a 182 Cup and a (current) 172 non Cup, with Cup Spoiler and 182 Cup wheels, i'd have the 172 anyday. Seats, interior, Xenons (best feature imo) etc are all much better.

Mk2 Ph2 172
Ph2 172 allday long... It's just the twin exhaust pipes that put me off the 182 !!!!

For me the 172 has a cleaner rear end lol ;)

Had a 172, two 172 cups and now a 182.

For me a could feel that the cup was lighter on its feet if that makes sense, however I did miss the trick bits - mainly the xenon lights. Any difference between the 172 and 182? Non really, other than a touch more grip and stability at the absolute limit... I also prefer the 172 being more discreet than the 182

Get a mint, black 172, throw on some turini's and you're laughing

work for BMW
For £3000 I would get a mint 172 and have cash left over for repairs and services etc

PB Clio 172
Had a 172, two 172 cups and now a 182.

For me a could feel that the cup was lighter on its feet if that makes sense, however I did miss the trick bits - mainly the xenon lights. Any difference between the 172 and 182? Non really, other than a touch more grip and stability at the absolute limit... I also prefer the 172 being more discreet than the 182

Get a mint, black 172, throw on some turini's and you're laughing

yeah the PB Clio 172 is de best ! :rasp:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
If you want a mint black 172 non cup, I know a girl who is selling hers. 53 plate, 56k, belts done, totally standard. wants £2k I think. I was gonna buy it but the Cup came up and I couldn't resist.

Titanium 182 FF
Been to look at a couple of cars over the weekend, and I'm definitely swaying towards the 172 Cup, Ive got no problem with the seats and imo the car looks much better. Only problem was this particular cup was a bit of a mess and way over priced, and had angel eye headlights!?!
So looks like I'll be doing a bit of travelling to find the right car, or sell my car privately and then try and pick up a car from the for sale section on here. Thanks for the responses, Ive been getting plenty of info from some of the guides and threads on here and Ive noticed the membership price is just £12, a bargain compared to the £36 i was paying for the MLR membership!

BG DCI
Been to look at a couple of cars over the weekend, and I'm definitely swaying towards the 172 Cup, Ive got no problem with the seats and imo the car looks much better. Only problem was this particular cup was a bit of a mess and way over priced, and had angel eye headlights!?!
So looks like I'll be doing a bit of travelling to find the right car, or sell my car privately and then try and pick up a car from the for sale section on here. Thanks for the responses, Ive been getting plenty of info from some of the guides and threads on here and Ive noticed the membership price is just £12, a bargain compared to the £36 i was paying for the MLR membership!

Don't worry about travelling! It's a pain but well worth it when u go an view the right one!

I went 6 hours round trip to look at my first 172 cup and bought it! Was well worth it!

Sell yours if you can survive without it whilst looking and get one from the fs section on here or browse online constantly!

Good luck

FF Arctic Blue 182
Just to add my 2 pence worth, I picked up my 05 Cup Packed 182 last month for £3k with 64k on the clock and am very happy with it!

Oh and I made a similar transition, from a Blob Impreza STi though not an Evo ...