ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup or not?

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Hi all,

I have 2 172 cups, one had locks on both doors and had orange side indicators. My current cup has white indicators and only a lock on the passenger door. it also has half leather which i know isn't standard. Why?

Cheers.

PB Clio 172
Far as I know they came with locks on both doors- correct me if I am wrong

Cups came with a poverty spec inside hence why people change it for the non cup version have a search on here much easier

They only have locks on the passenger door after around 2003 as the EU laws on locks were changed so a car only needed a physical lock on one door

Mines only got a lock on the passenger door

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Cheers for that. it's got all the usual cup features or lack of, lol. Think someone has replaced the old seats with the standard half leather ones, which isn't a bad thing as they look great.

172 Cup
mines on a 53 with only a passenger door lock and clear repeaters.

I'm quite tempted by replacing my interior with half leather. Looks and feels much nicer imo.

clio 172 cup
easiest way to tell is no abs or traction control(this can be turned of via a pannel under the steering wheel to the right if its not there you dont have it) also it'll say cup in the logbook

clio 172 cup
U guys got me thinking my cups on an 02 n has locks on both doors with clear side repeaters

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Mine is May 2003 with a lock on the passenger door and clear repeaters.

Passat
Mines an 02 172 and I've only got a lock on my drivers door. There's another spanner in the works for you

172 Cup
Mine's an 03. Clear side repeaters and the keyhole is on the passenger door only! Standard cup interior though, which has done my back in on some long journeys....

172 cup
The one lock thing really confused me as my old 172 had two look. Don't really understand why the felt it was that necessary to get rid on the drives one

172 Cup
The one lock thing really confused me as my old 172 had two look. Don't really understand why the felt it was that necessary to get rid on the drives one

One word; cost! Knocking a few operations off the production process saves time and therefore money.