ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup or Trophy

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
There were no options. The car is based on the 182 cup. With that you get aircon, abs, esp, cloth back seats, no xenon headlights, no engine cover, no auto wipers. The bits exclusive to the trophy are, Capsicum red paint, Recaro Trendline seats as standard, V6 boot spoiler (bigger), lighter speedline turini alloys in anthricite colour, Sachs dampers (its party piece lol) ltd edition to 500 ;)

182 Trophy
Whats the best exhaust systems to go with the trophy then ? Do people usually go for a K+N or something like a BMC

Thanks

Sam

182 Trophy
Hi There

Is anyone based around the SURREY area who wouldent mind me having a look around theres and if possible taking me for a spin ?

Hopefully going to look at one at a dealer this afternoon

Thanks Guys

Sam

on the look out
ive only had my 172 cup 6 days now and loving it polished 2 times a week to keep it in tip top shape . im going to keep it for a while and deff going to get a newish 182 when i can afford it

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Hi There

Is anyone based around the SURREY area who wouldent mind me having a look around theres and if possible taking me for a spin ?

Hopefully going to look at one at a dealer this afternoon

Thanks Guys

Sam

If you were local to me that would not be a problem.

But i'm near donington race track.

182 Trophy
Thnx steve , a little trek then ;)

I went and saw steve yesterday, had to travel a bit but was well worth it

Cracking bloke :)

Sam

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
As I said over on the t'other forum, you'll pay a premium for it but if you're not keeping it massivly long (i.e. before the shocks need replacing :) ) then money wise it should be a pretty sound buy. And seeing how rare a 182 with Recaros is a Trophy is a good option :)

S1RST/205GTI
When ever there is a trophy thread there always seems to be talk of refurbing/renewing the shocks.How much does this cost?and at what mileage does it need to be done?

When ever there is a trophy thread there always seems to be talk of refurbing/renewing the shocks.How much does this cost?and at what mileage does it need to be done?

They don't realy need doing for 100k or so depends on usage though.

Cost err about £250 for the whole lot refusrbed.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

They don't realy need doing for 100k or so depends on usage though.

Cost err about £250 for the whole lot refusrbed.

Lot cheaper than I had been told about in the past, although maybe I was told about a completely new set (iirc the cost was about 2k?? or something equally silly).

Cheap then,just read once that they needed to be done at around 40k
Depend on use ther like normal damper should have a better life realy but how dlong do stock dampers last is a grey area depnds whst you accept I've gone though mine in 60k ish before I was unhappy other are ok with lowering spring and been on for longer and there still fine and happy with them
Lot cheaper than I had been told about in the past, although maybe I was told about a completely new set (iirc the cost was about 2k?? or something equally silly).
Yep new set is silly money since they don't want to have to make them. (they don't have any)

Hmmm, I don't really know. Personally think the trophies are a bit overpriced, so for the reason I'd go for the cup.... But the Trophies are rarer, so for that reason I'd want the trophy :(