ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 CUP owners

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
brisa4984 said:
...Uill stop in less distance with the abs..

Another one missing the point completely...ABS does not stop you quicker, it allows you to maintain steering control if you've mashed the pedal so hard you'd have locked up. That's all it does.

Vee dub
pmsl that you all took the bait on this one..... should have just been ignored to sink to the depths of page 37 imo

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Iv got ownership of both: - points

172 FF

CRUISE
C/C
ALCAN/ LEATHER

DISLIKES: -

ESP CAN BE GHEY AS
SUSP NOT AS TAUT AS CUP

CUP

CLIMATE CON
BLUE PAINTJOB
DIFF ALLOYS
MORE SPACE IN ENGINE BAY (T/BODS?)
SPLITTER AND SPOILER
MORE TAUT SUSP (AT TIMES)

DISLIKES:-

GHEY SEATS
BLUE FLASHINGS INSIDE (NOT MY CUP OF TEA)
NO XENONS
NO SPARE
NO CRUISE

AS FOR 0-60 performance - hardly anything in it really imo and thats after some races with the missus etc, neither really edges it.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
kullycliosport said:
down to the driver then :race:
+ gear changes

the diff in my two may also be mileage related, they are both used reg and oil changed often - a key principle i feel. Also frequent use i think gets the engine loosened up as well.

Cup might be lighter but that usually on means more pace when at silly speeds imo. Anyway - i like both for different reasons and glad i have the choice of the two

R20 CWH said:
+ gear changes

the diff in my two may also be mileage related, they are both used reg and oil changed often - a key principle i feel. Also frequent use i think gets the engine loosened up as well.

Cup might be lighter but that usually on means more pace when at silly speeds imo. Anyway - i like both for different reasons and glad i have the choice of the two

:)

172 Cup
I opted for the Cup because of it's reputation and the fact that's it lighter and something a bit different. You don't see as many as FF 172s. The lack of ABS and the fact that so many people have written them off didn't put me off. I saw it as a bit of a challenge to 'tame the beast' and have a more ingrossed driving experience.

It's certainly the best looking RS too.. Mmm.. Mondial/Turini

Audi RS4
cups are paupers 172/182's
s**t seats,no toys,no xenons just to go 0.0000000001 secs faster to 60.
Haven't even got proper bump strips.
And they always get crashed.

chris-b said:
cups are paupers 172/182's
sh*t seats,no toys,no xenons just to go 0.0000000001 secs faster to 60.
Haven't even got proper bump strips.
And they always get crashed.

by that logic all Renault's are paupers cars, they cost f**k all and the prices drop like hell 5 minutes after driving it away from the dealership... much like your entry level pauper Audi that are rare on the road because they look turd and fortunately there are only a minority of people with equally bad taste as yours :clown:

MKIII 138
my dads just bought a £34,000 audi a4 avant with a 3.0 TDI 230bhp quattro setup and full gangsta tints, sport seats DSG dual clutch gear box with sequential shift and sports mode + 18" RS4 wheels etc.. its the most incredible piece of engineering ive ever seen but fuk me its dull.

btw i agree, the interior of the 172cup is so shite i almost cant bear it. i have to get some alcantara door cards and sports seats or il go mad.

Audi RS4
TheJesus said:
by that logic all Renault's are paupers cars, they cost f**k all and the prices drop like hell 5 minutes after driving it away from the dealership... much like your entry level pauper Audi that are rare on the road because they look turd and fortunately there are only a minority of people with equally bad taste as yours :clown:

I've had Renaults in the past,only just sold the 172 which I owned for 3 years, 4 months ago to keep the cash banked for the new RS in the summer.As for the Audi-I bought it for the missus and our nipper.
Believe me I have had more trips back to the dealer with the A2 than I ever had with the clio.
I wasn't slagging Renault's off you prick,just the fact that full fats are better than cups.IMO.:mad:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
TheJesus said:

LOL your back im happy with my Audi / Cup combo...

I have just as much fun on the track with the Cup as i did with the EVO.....

172 mk2...with clima
I learnt to drive before ABS and subsequently feel quite at home in a car without it. Without hopefully sounding all superior i feel a bit sorry for you guys that have come to rely on it because it has always been there and you don't know any better.

It isn't on race cars for a reason. It's doesn't make cars better, it just makes ordinary drivers safer in everyday situations. In performance cars it is not an advantage, hence why in motorsport it is not present.

LY 200
Evogone rekon you should let your next door neighbour know his/her Golfs in need of a clean :clown: