ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup ownership

Audi TT 225
Well i've had my cup a while now, here's a few pics of what it looked like when i first picked it up (eww!)

bf1.jpg

bf2.jpg

bf3.jpg

Not long after I gave it the usual tlc with a full service and belts change etc. I had some nice plans for it :) Unfortunately it had not so nice plans for me as the gearbox decided to give up on me leaving me with a rather chavved up motor with a nackered box. Poor little thing!

Obviously getting this sorted put the de'chavving on the back burner, i had the box professionally reconditioned and re-fitted by a local garage who did a top job :) had the clutch replaced at the same time ofc.

Happy that i had a healthy (you could say it was sound but not mint!) car again i set about a few little changes...

Wolfrace Katayna's replaced by 16" Ultraleggera's with new rubber
New Rear Disks + pads (OEM)
New Front Disks (Brembo Grooved) + pads
New RS Grille
Black inserts replaced
Silver Fog surrounds replaced with Black ones
Lower Grille mesh removed - the original was still on the car but hidden!
Magnex exhaust replaced by K-Tec Stealth
K-Tec Sports Cat fitted
New Gearbox Mount and K-Tec uprated Engine Mounts and Engine Bushes
Eibach Sportlines fitted because i spent the coilover money on the gearbox, booo!
Tow eye from group buy fitted

The paintwork was also looking a bit neglected so had a full detail from RussZS on here, the thread can be found here

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=485663

Next i set about the interior, i bought some rather nice Cobra Daytona's with 172 Embroidery from Ollie on here, threw in some new New Mats and set about stripping the rear. I wasn't a huge fan of the bear metal and so decided to throw in a false floor ;)

A few shots as it looks currently

m2.JPG

m3.JPG

m4.JPG

i1.JPG

i2.JPG

b1.JPG

There's still a few things to do such as the background to the front diamond is still silver, grrr! There are some tacky interior bits that need painting too. New steering wheel is needed and all the lights need replacing (front's are scratched and rear's are smoked (i've bought the rears to replace them with but the ones on currently have been re-wired making that job slightly more awkward than it needed to have been). Oh, and i've got a slitter which arrived the other day to fit ;)

Audi TT 225
Latest addition, new plates (smaller front) :) Splitter has also arrived, as has the strut brace, rear lights and i need to paint the damn diamond background.

plate.jpg

Audi TT 225
Cheers fellas, slow progress I know but i'll get there. I felt sorry for it looking all chavvy, it had been for sale for a while when i got it (wonder why!) so got a good deal, hehe.

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
looking good m8! really like the seats with the embroidery! was thinking of doing something similar myself.

Audi TT 225
Just a quick update, you may have noticed the lack of rear end shots thus far, that's because I hadn't got around to removing those rear lights (Due to idiotic re-wiring) but finally today this was resolved so here we are.

lights.jpg

Also gone a bit more stealth with the bullets :)

bulletts.jpg

Audi TT 225
I like to be a little different ;) but not too much! besides the silver didn't go with that I've got planned (and they we're looking pretty tatty).

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Looking mint mate! I'm from stourbridge Will keep an eye out for you!

Wouldnt mind a look/sit in your seats either as i had these in mind!