ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup project, ultraleggera content....

Stripped yozza'd cup
So.... I bought my cup back in October, standard except for some Eibach sportlines and a
K-tec stealth.

172cup.jpg

I got it at a bargain price as it needed a few things doing.... So off to Ren-tec I went for some new rear shocks and a cambelt change.... As it turned out, the dephaser needed doing too, so got that done at the same time.

I promised myself I'd keep it standard for a while, but as ever, that soon went out the window and I started planning which route I was going to take with it.

I then invested in.....

6190a828.jpg

As my standard wheel was horribly melted and the thumb grip was held on with electrical tape.

I then drove my mates CTR, which made driving my car feel like I was changing gear in a 1970's transit. So then came these.

2c9684a9.jpg

d506176b.jpg

I then went to Rome for a weekend, so was once again poverty ridden, so had a month off of buying things. I was bored of not working on it, so I made some things instead :)

95ec9c87.jpg

65477cb3.jpg

e7c75ded.jpg

I sold my Turini's to a forum member, but due to delays with my new wheels arriving I had to borrow these for a week.....

b81237e4.jpg

Which wouldn't have been so devastatingly bad, if it wasn't for the fact that I only had 3. So I had a standard 15" wheel on the back.

7272d53b.jpg

Then this morning, these arrived (Hero points can be sent to me via paypal or post)

d21239c9.jpg

d1386c9c.jpg

b0264807.jpg

To anyone considering buying some 15's.... just do it. Honestly, I cannot express how much better it is. The turn in is superb, the steering feels much lighter and more 'pointy', it's just brilliant.

Now I'm at the point where things are starting to get serious. I've completely given up on not spending money it now, so I'm buying DannyR's supercharged engine.

326hp with fully forged internals running at 0.8 bar.

Hopefully I'll have it in the next couple of weeks... So I'll update accordingly! There's a whole lot more to come yet :)

Stripped yozza'd cup
Hero! ha.

Looking very nice mate, and will go very well with Dannys engine ;)

Invest in some coilovers pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

I am :) Bilstein's are next on the list.... Even with the Sportlines, it still looks pretty bad. Needs a proper drop, badly!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Doh. Full cambelt / de-phaser change then swop the engine lol ...

Please please please make sure you uprate the suspension/brakes before fitted the lump though :S

Lovely wheels BTW.

Stripped yozza'd cup
At the time I had not even considered getting an engine swap as an idea so I was just doing the normal things to get it tip top.

Coilovers are next on the list, along with a whiteline ARB. Then I need to have a look round for some 4-pots that will fit under my wheels :( kam-racing say there's will fit under a 15'' o.z f1, so I'm hoping they'll go under mine too!

Then its going to be seats, harnesses and cage time.... :evil:

Stripped yozza'd cup
Good man!
Wheels will look sick whens shes had a drop.

Have you fitted the quickshifter yet?
Looking to do mine today but not sure where to start!

I haven't fitted the quickshift yet mate, decided I'll need a gearbox swap / rebuild when I get the engine so there's not much point yet...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You get serious man point for the wheels, the engine, mental.

It was you that wanted to borrow those wheels off me wasn't it? That would have been a sight to behold!

Stripped yozza'd cup
It was indeed rob, they couldn't have been worse than the ones I had! There was only 3 of them!

Can't wait to get the engine in. Tbh, it's too big a step up to take all at once, but, sod it! :)

Wheels look mint! very nice buy! couldnt find them thouh, only place was on ebay from germany:dead:, was ther an option to buy just 1 wheel? just icase any bend from our poor uk roads.

Is it only the forged lump your buying from danny or the full engine with supercharger. I thought he was only selling forged engine and selling the supercharger kit/bits seperatley?

200 FF Storm Grey
Performance Alloys sell them, that's where I got my red ones from, suprised you struggled to find them, thought they were really common :eek:

Stripped yozza'd cup
I got the wheels from www.revolution247.com really top blokes actually. They sell just about every wheel you can imagine.

Yeah, it's just the engine from Danny, I'll be going straight from there up to RS tuning to have everything pieced together and mapped.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Only a little update, but I think it's made a big difference to the car....

50c3bf0b.jpg

15ecb40f.jpg

16a5b78c.jpg

Please excuse the dirty rear :eek:

172 cup
ah i know this 172 cup, wasnt it from grantham? I was going to have a look at it before i noticed it was sold. Was so cheap i remember. Got one in the end though, a very tidy 35k example from suffolk.

Like the plans you have for it, will be a different car with the engine your putting in it.

Just wondered as well where you got the steering wheel from?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
i have some ultraleggras in my bathroom in 16 inch with toyo t1r's waiting to go on, can i have some hero points :approve:

Stripped yozza'd cup
ah i know this 172 cup, wasnt it from grantham? I was going to have a look at it before i noticed it was sold. Was so cheap i remember. Got one in the end though, a very tidy 35k example from suffolk.

Like the plans you have for it, will be a different car with the engine your putting in it.

Just wondered as well where you got the steering wheel from?

It certainly was :) I was a bit sceptical, because it was so cheap, but it's been great!

I got the steering wheel in the group buy from Wests Renault.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Badge looks aftemarket, and therefore trying too hard.

See I though that when I bought it... but the standard RENAULT sport one is terrible too. Plus, it always annoyed me that one was in capitals and one was lower case.
I think it only looks aftermarket, because you know it's not standard?

I was going to have it completely de-badged but filling the holes from the Clio badge was far too much effort for such a tiny thing.

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Yours should look abit like mine once you stick some coilovers on it! Ultraleggeras FTW!:cool:

10042010235.jpg

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
love the wheels mate , the badges are different but and i like it was going to do the same on mine but never got around to it.
nice to see someone try something different once in a while
what next on the list??

Stripped yozza'd cup
Cheers :)

Next on the list is kind of up in the air at the moment. I'll be getting bimarco's, the willwood 4-pot set up, bilstein b14's and dannyR's supercharged engine. I'm hoping to get it all at around the same time to save the labour of taking it all to bits too many times. But we'll see :)

Stripped yozza'd cup
Small update, I got bored today and tore all of it's insides out :)
Quite impressed with how much difference it's made, and really hasn't affected the noise that much either! Pleased!

bf70c52f.jpg

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I decided I wasn't man enough to lose the headlining.... It's still my daily so I wanted to avoid the condensation issues.
Payday Thursday so a bimarco will be ordered :)

I still haven't removed my headlining yet mate, and mine isn't a daily driver :eek:

Good stuff, I do like Bimarco futuras :approve:

Stripped yozza'd cup
I still haven't removed my headlining yet mate, and mine isn't a daily driver :eek:

Good stuff, I do like Bimarco futuras :approve:

It can't realistically weigh much?
My only issue at the moment is what to do about my rear speakers. I might make up some light weight mounts for them.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It can't realistically weigh much?
My only issue at the moment is what to do about my rear speakers. I might make up some light weight mounts for them.

4 kgs if you include grab handles and sun visors.

Head unit and front speakers are 2 kgs, can't recall what the rears weigh as I lost mine so long ago.

Stripped yozza'd cup
4 kgs if you include grab handles and sun visors.

Head unit and front speakers are 2 kgs, can't recall what the rears weigh as I lost mine so long ago.

Definitely won't be losing the HU until I get a second car. May be tempted by the roof lining though.... How bad is the condensation issue?

Stripped yozza'd cup
Condensation issue? What condensation? I've never had any. At all. I think it's because I have no carpets or interior, nothing to retain moisture.

I'd read that you get a lot of condensation build up on the roof if you take the lining out?

Golf GTD Mk7
^^^thought ultras were lighter? Looks nice jack. I'm sure my 15" ultras rub with r888 fitted. Can't remember the offset mind. Are you running spacers?