ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup - Rear brake compensator dismantled and question on bypassing.

So guys.

I stripped down the compensator to see what was what. I understand the mechanics of how these work in general. But am I right in saying that because the level isn't attached to anything, the compensator never changes the bias, as intended on my 172 Cup.

Now.. the next point. I don't believe I can simply remove this and go straight back to the master cylinder as there is still a preset value in the valve.

Questions:

1) In it's current state is the bias set and can I just install that block in inline in the plumbing inside the car when I lay new lines.

2) Can I just remove that altogether and install a brake bias level inside the car to set the correct value.

3) Does anybody know what the actual bias is on these cars and how can I test/calibrate brakes. How is it done on race cars?

Thanks a lot guys.

Has anybody else ever rebuilt one of these before?

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-18 at 17.34.43.jpeg

Attachments

• 20210313_173123.jpg
    20210313_173123.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57