ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup shocks and cooksport springs

Silver Phase 2 172
Okay done a quick search but couldn't really find what I was looking for so to be 100% sure before spending out thought I would just ask quickly!

Atm I have standard suspension on my 2002 172, I have been looking at getting cooksport springs due to reading good reviews on here about them! I have also read that cup shocks are better than standard ones.

What I would like to know is.... 1. Will cup shocks fit on my 172 ok? If so where is the best place to purchase them from? And 2. Are the cooksport spring with cup shocks a good upgraded for my car which I use for mainly road use with about 4 track days a year?

Any feedback from people running this setup would be appreciated!

Sorry also if this has been covered before and I have missed it!

Thanks in advance

Craig

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
From what i can gather thats the way to go on standard shocks. cooksport or eibach pro's.

​I have a 172 Cup and just got some cooksport springs. I'm fitting them on Thursday so I will let you know what I think. I'm no connoisseur when it comes to handling\suspension though.

Cup In bits
I have just fitted brand new cup shocks to my 172 cup with Eibach sportlines (lower than pro lines, Cooksports are lower again) everything will transfer over fine although some say the rear shocks are all the same.

I am well impressed with the setup combined with Whitelibe ARB, I have a track day this Sunday and will post videos for ref.

as far as buying then who ever makes them. Renault for Renault bits, Eibach for Eibach bits, cooksport for cooksport bits lol. Going directly to the source will 95% of the time be cheaper.

Wests Renault on here or Adam at Renault wolverhampton will be your cheapest Renault parts

Have a quick look at my thread for pics

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?686821-Another-Clio-172-Cup-Road-Track

Silver Phase 2 172
Thanks guy defo decided this is the way to go for me for now! And the cup shocks will cross over onto my non cup correct? Sorry new to all this clio stuff

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Yeah they will be fine the only diffrence with cup shocks and normal ones are that cup ones are stiffer, Rears are the same

I went from eibach pros to cooksports purely for the better drop

Silver Phase 2 172
So really then I do not need to replace the rears just the front shocks?

How do you find it handles on the cooksport springs?