ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup standard speakers

Can anyone tell me what size speakers the standards are in the 172 cup?

and has anyone got any suggestions on some good upgrades??

Nissan R35 GT-R

Hello mate,

The Cup has the same setup as pretty much all the other Clios (not bad for a lightweight edition).

The front speakers are 13cm but are component speakers, so there are some tweeters running off the same channel sitting in the dash. The speakers in the doors are a 2-way design.

The rear speakers are also 13cm, but are a 3-way design (incorperating the tweeter).

I brought a Sony MP70 head unit which has 4x52 RMS output. My rear speakers are 13cm Alpine 3-ways, and my fronts are Kenwood components (forgot which ones). I have had the dash off to replace the tweeters and crossovers, and changed the front door speakers too.

The final result is very nice, but the whole thing could really do with a sub just for depth, but Id feel bad for putting it in seeing as Renault worked so hard to save weight. :D

Nissan R35 GT-R

Yes - I phoned them and they told me roughly this.

"Any sound system component of the car will not be covered by warrenty. If you damage a component of the car as a direct result of fitting an aftermarket part, it will not be covered by warranty either."

I said, "What if I replace the entire sound system, and a rod goes through the side of the engine?" He said, "Nothing to worry about, anything mechanical like that will be covered."

Tappd'd RS

Did you phone renault themselves?

Sounds good - cheers for clearing that one up!

I put in Focal Polyglass 136V Components.

They sound sweet but are quite a deep speaker so the back of the plastic rain guard has to be removed to get them in.