ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup Steering alignment

172cup & 182cup pk'd
Just had my 172 cup tracked and although the tracking is accurate the steering wheel is still off centre.

Can i remove the wheel to adjust to get it straight?

Thanks
Griff

Nope don't do it get the tracking done correctly and the wheel will be centered some garages don't do the tracking right as its the easy way to just set one side and let the wheels be straight but the wheels at an angel.

172cup & 182cup pk'd
The tracking settings are -2mm toe out - he's showed me the settings on the equipment

Does the steering column not have splines to move the steering to the right a bit?

Cheers
Griff

The tracking settings are -2mm toe out - he's showed me the settings on the equipment

Does the steering column not have splines to move the steering to the right a bit?

Go back and tell them to do it right not just sort one track rod end.

Thats what they do they only adjust one so the wheels are straight and forget the wheel often it takes someone with some dedication to do it right to do the job right they need to lcok the wheel straigth and adjsut both track rod ends to get the wheels straight.

I know laods of big name garages cannot do it right even with all these fancy tooling a back street garage often does a better job.

I've had my car on the Renault Clio setup jigs when it was crashed and they coulnd't set the wheel stright that the supposed most accuarate tooling jigs for the car even after a load of times.

If you have ABS its very very important not to put the wheel on unstraight as such as the abs system is setup to know which way the whel is facing.