ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup steering (help please!!!)

E46 320CD
I need some help and suggestions please, The handling on my 172 cup is shocking. It's been to fred and he hasn't found a problem but has said himself something isn't quite right, Last time the 2 fronts tyres were worn so they were replaced and all inflated to the correct pressures.

He told me to see how it goes, i have and it's getting worse. The problem is that it pulls all over the road whenever you give it some stick, The steering wheels literally pulls itself out of you hands.

I had a full wheel alignment after freds advice and thats made it no better, although the backs are out. The current reading are below, mean sweet FA to me.

NSF OSF
CAMBER -0*37 CAMBER -0*36
TOE -0*09 TOE -0*09

NSR OSR
CAMBER -1*37 CAMBER -1*38
TOE 0*07 TOE 0*22

I'm currently sharing my girlfriends car as i just dont feel confident in it!

Anybody shared a similar problem? If so what was the fault? Really need it sorting sharpish and Fred is always to bloody busy :(

Lionel Richie
poof! ;) as soon as i have a slot mate we'll go into depth on it, rear shocks aren't helping! going off that, slightly knackered rear wheel bearings also

E46 320CD
poof! ;) as soon as i have a slot mate we'll go into depth on it, rear shocks aren't helping! going off that, slightly knackered rear wheel bearings also

If you could please mate, If i have to change the shocks then so be it but the way it is now i'm sure theres more to it than just them.

If you need an extra pair of hands for the day when you book it in then let me know, i can't do f**k all but pass tools........... :rasp: