ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup supercharged

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
thats a shame. Would like to have seen!

BUT because you said its 0- whatever mph... thats MY point!

Down low you are using your better power to weight ratio.

Sit at 100mph next to the Maserati and then start the race. The results will be different.

And thats the race you said you had with the Porsche....

Its getting boring now. Think we should leave it as we also probably have different definitions of 'leaving it for dead' ;)

Maserati has near 100bhp more than a Porsche Carrera, so not even comparable if power to weight makes no difference (even though the Maserati has better power to weight).

You're right, it's getting very boring, I could care less what you think you know about my car or cars in general.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Maserati has near 100bhp more than a Porsche Carrera, so not even comparable if power to weight makes no difference (even though the Maserati has better power to weight).

You're right, it's getting very boring, I could care less what you think you know about my car or cars in general.

i watched this clio hammer the maserati off the line and on the 'private runway' from rolling, ur clio is a credit mate, its amazing!

MCS R56
So SC'd Clios...

They must be dull if we are not talking other exotica already! I'll save my £4k for the Porsche!

ITB BG 182
To the OP like many have asked it would be interesting to see pictures, if possible of the engine bay and work that has been done.
Good on you for having it done, like i said previously.

Personally i would not have this done to my car nor a turbo just seems a little mental to me but yet again its my opinion.

Porkie, that westfield looks amazing ive always liked them and been in some mental ones with twin fireblade or busa engines, bit pricey but not much on the roads would be faster than it, not even a SC or HBT Clio.
I tried building a mini with a teggy type r (k20a2 i think? )engine in but funds were wearing very thin, wish i had of kept the lot now and battled on through it all.

SQ5
Can't believe I've missed this thread all day :(

Not really my point. 4k for what you get is gash, imo. Each to their own.

100 notes on insurance is okay though.

My money TBH, do what I want. Its hardly gash for what you get. If you were to go in one I'm sure you mind would change.

its still a clio...
Id rather get a mini cooperS works

No opinion from you will ever be vaild on here ever again

My money TBH, do what I want. Its hardly gash for what you get. If you were to go in one I'm sure you mind would change.

Could not put it better my self!

MCS R56

Absolutely - you can spend 10k on it if you want, no problem with that but I can still think of better ways to spend 4k than on a Clio. It might be fast and fun but still, not a chance I would!

Countryman JCW
Having seen that video of Bens SC 172 waste an impreza, id say that shows you how quick these clio's can be. So if your clio's have beaten porsches etc id say i have to believe it.

If people want to spend 4k of their hard earned on their clio, then fair play to them. Its all about making yourself happy, not spending money to please other forum users or anyone else for that matter. If you object to spending that much money on a "clio" then i dont think you need to voice that on an owners web forum really, its not going to do anything other than antagonise other users or turn a thread sour. However I can see why charged clio owners would love to be able to sit on the bumper of a Ferrari, thats one of the perks of doing this conversion. I can also see why Ferrari owners wouldnt give a monkeys if a clio could sit with it to 1**mph, its all about what you own the car for. A Ferrari is a Ferrari, and a fast Clio is a fast Clio, nothing to compare, just personal preference, and what you can afford obviously. The chap on here with the westy can obviously afford the best of both worlds, so fair play mate!

Id love to see some of these charged clio's or even have a passenger ride in them, are there any around the midlands?!

mso

172 cup supercharged
Yep. I do! :)

I like sheer speed as well. I'd like to see a Supercharged Clio keep up with me in this ;)
DSC00867.jpg

690kg 440bhp its FAST.
Now thats f***ing fast!

Having seen that video of Bens SC 172 waste an impreza, id say that shows you how quick these clio's can be. So if your clio's have beaten porsches etc id say i have to believe it.

If people want to spend 4k of their hard earned on their clio, then fair play to them. Its all about making yourself happy, not spending money to please other forum users or anyone else for that matter. If you object to spending that much money on a "clio" then i dont think you need to voice that on an owners web forum really, its not going to do anything other than antagonise other users or turn a thread sour. However I can see why charged clio owners would love to be able to sit on the bumper of a Ferrari, thats one of the perks of doing this conversion. I can also see why Ferrari owners wouldnt give a monkeys if a clio could sit with it to 1**mph, its all about what you own the car for. A Ferrari is a Ferrari, and a fast Clio is a fast Clio, nothing to compare, just personal preference, and what you can afford obviously. The chap on here with the westy can obviously afford the best of both worlds, so fair play mate!

Id love to see some of these charged clio's or even have a passenger ride in them, are there any around the midlands?!
Me;). Your more than welcome to have a test drive.

mso

172 cup supercharged
When I first started this thread I really just wanted to thank the Ktec guys for doing such a fantastic conversion on my car. Yes it has turned it into a very fast car but not once have I said it is the fastest thing on the road. I definitely think for the money you can't beat it. Why do people keep going on about how much it cost; if it was free, everyone would have one. I still think those people who go on about the cost etc are the ones who can't afford it or have not been out for a test drive in one and as I have said many times before, those people with all the negatives should get themselves booked in for a test drive and then publish their comments back upon here.

SQ5
Absolutely - you can spend 10k on it if you want, no problem with that but I can still think of better ways to spend 4k than on a Clio. It might be fast and fun but still, not a chance I would!

You drive a diesel, enough said TBH.

I ran with a 400bhp RS Focus and he WAS trying as he came out with all the excuses later on. I had to wait for him too as he wouldn't leave as he knew I wanted to have ago after he gave it the big b****cks speech off I don't need to prove myself your car is slow. I stayed with him the whoel way and edged on him and just got past at the end. When he's just spent £40k on a hot hatch, he was DEFINTELY pissed! It made the whole expense worth it!

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
What do you do Porky, job wise. Need some career advice! lol

I am a Bond Broker mate.

Does anyone know the supercharged Clio that was at
the trackday at Snetterton the saturday before last? Think it was a PPC day

I bet my Clio will be either Supercharged or have Audi 20v Turbo lump by end of year!

I've only driven it once so far, but liked it alot as it was... but I know what I am like.

Whats reliability like with the SC ones?

Last edited:

mso

172 cup supercharged
I am a Bond Broker mate.

Does anyone know the supercharged Clio that was at
the trackday at Snetterton the saturday before last? Think it was a PPC day

I bet my Clio will be either Supercharged or have Audi 20v Turbo lump by end of year!

I've only driven it once so far, but liked it alot as it was... but I know what I am like.

Whats reliability like with the SC ones?
Only time will tell but the way the power is made it should not cause any problems.Ktec states that there kits run on standard parts, end of the day they are the experts not us!!

Supercharger is more cost effective Porkie, the audi lumps are expensive and a LOT of work to do properly.

Reliability depends who's done it I'd imagine... mine's been 'okay', but the bracket has snapped (which all of these various kits have apparently) and the 1st map was borderline dangerous I was told, due to how badly it was over fueling. If you do get it done I would seriously recommend you take it to Wayne Schofield to get it mapped regardless, guaranteed it will drive better and make a lot more power (I had before and after results making an extra 23 or 24.something bhp @ the wheels).

mso

172 cup supercharged
Supercharger is more cost effective Porkie, the audi lumps are expensive and a LOT of work to do properly.

Reliability depends who's done it I'd imagine... mine's been 'okay', but the bracket has snapped (which all of these various kits have apparently) and the 1st map was borderline dangerous I was told, due to how badly it was over fueling. If you do get it done I would seriously recommend you take it to Wayne Schofield to get it mapped regardless, guaranteed it will drive better and make a lot more power (I had before and after results making an extra 23 or 24.something bhp @ the wheels).
The brackets from Ktec have been re designed so they will not snap and they use there new ecu which is fully programmable.This is the kit to go for its a very good, clean install.

All the other brackets were stress tested, so only time will tell.
ECU's not the issue either, mapping was the problem on my car unfortunately. Idle would sometime be around 2k+ after driving, it juddered at low rpm, hesitated going on full throttle and backfired before taking off and economy was dire around town. Remap cured all of it, no ECU fault.
IMO DIY would be the best route to take.

MCS R56
You drive a diesel, enough said TBH.

I ran with a 400bhp RS Focus and he WAS trying as he came out with all the excuses later on. I had to wait for him too as he wouldn't leave as he knew I wanted to have ago after he gave it the big b****cks speech off I don't need to prove myself your car is slow. I stayed with him the whoel way and edged on him and just got past at the end. When he's just spent £40k on a hot hatch, he was DEFINTELY pissed! It made the whole expense worth it!

You the man!

Well done...4 grand well spent!

And so f**king what if I drive a diesel. It does what I need it to do. Grow the f**k up, racer boy.

Countryman JCW
All the other brackets were stress tested, so only time will tell.
ECU's not the issue either, mapping was the problem on my car unfortunately. Idle would sometime be around 2k+ after driving, it juddered at low rpm, hesitated going on full throttle and backfired before taking off and economy was dire around town. Remap cured all of it, no ECU fault.
IMO DIY would be the best route to take.

What extra parts have you had put on your clio just out of interest mate? yours seems to be making more power than the other SC clios. How much more £££ are you talking to increase that bit more? or was it just mapping that gave you the results you have?

What extra parts have you had put on your clio just out of interest mate? yours seems to be making more power than the other SC clios. How much more £££ are you talking to increase that bit more? or was it just mapping that gave you the results you have?

Nothing extra or different, just had it mapped by someone exceptionally good who mainly deals with various competative race cars... like DTM, BTCC, Porsche race series etc etc

TrackCar & F30 330d
Seriously??? I had ITB's with cams and even with the rear seats out, carpet, no spare, aircon removed, it wouldn't get near it's current spec. Not even remotely close. I was quite easily leaving a Carrera 4 the other day with the missus in the car and was toying with it until 4th before I got bored and left it for dead. No way could I do that with my old setup.

As for gearboxes, deffo driving style, mine's got moon miles as has the clutch and are all original items. Not a crunch or notch in sight.

I didnt say my car was faster than bens but just saying theres not much in it imo.
200bhp with 910kg isnt far off 260bhp with 1100kg.

Maybe your old ITB car wasnt running right ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.