ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup supercharged

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no pics up because i cant be bothered but you are only down the road from me so when a blue one comes flying past that will be me you could take a pic of it then lets hope you got a zoom lens !!!!!!

you make it sound like a veyron :lolup: ,

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
My insurance didn't change at all, infact it's £200 cheaper than it would be if it was standard. Joys of being old :)

As for if it's worth doing, well that's subjective really. Will always be people who think its a bad idea and dont understand, which makes me wonder if they are really car enthusiasts.

Nick, in comparison to ITB's it probably will seem like a Veyron ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Charged clios are pretty fast.

I went in Bens (old) white SC 172 and it was pretty quick and very comfortable.

But you could strip everything out and ITB it and its just about as fast.

My ITB's 182 is about as fast as bens charged 172.

Oh and people seem to go through gearboxes quite a lot too, is this due to the driving style or to the extra power going through the car?

My insurance didn't change at all, infact it's £200 cheaper than it would be if it was standard. Joys of being old :)

As for if it's worth doing, well that's subjective really. Will always be people who think its a bad idea and dont understand, which makes me wonder if they are really car enthusiasts.

Nick, in comparison to ITB's it probably will seem like a Veyron ;)
:D

Charged clios are pretty fast.

I went in Bens (old) white SC 172 and it was pretty quick and very comfortable.

But you could strip everything out and ITB it and its just about as fast.

My ITB's 182 is about as fast as bens charged 172.

Oh and people seem to go through gearboxes quite a lot too, is this due to the driving style or to the extra power going through the car?

Seriously??? I had ITB's with cams and even with the rear seats out, carpet, no spare, aircon removed, it wouldn't get near it's current spec. Not even remotely close. I was quite easily leaving a Carrera 4 the other day with the missus in the car and was toying with it until 4th before I got bored and left it for dead. No way could I do that with my old setup.

As for gearboxes, deffo driving style, mine's got moon miles as has the clutch and are all original items. Not a crunch or notch in sight.

53 Clio's & counting
Seriously??? I had ITB's with cams and even with the rear seats out, carpet, no spare, aircon removed, it wouldn't get near it's current spec. Not even remotely close. I was quite easily leaving a Carrera 4 the other day with the missus in the car and was toying with it until 4th before I got bored and left it for dead. No way could I do that with my old setup.

As for gearboxes, deffo driving style, mine's got moon miles as has the clutch and are all original items. Not a crunch or notch in sight.

Well with 250 bhp at the wheels i wouldnt expect an itb'd car to be anywhere near you matey :)

Iv driven Shauns turbo'd 172 and been in a few itb'd 172's and id say they were about equal, obviously the turbo has more tuning potental

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

if you left it for dead... he wasnt trying if you were in 4th and doing over 100mph

Carrera 4's are big heavy and not exactly the worlds fastest cars down because power to weight.... but above 100mph you would NOT leave one for dead in a Clio with LESS power. NOT A CHANCE!!!!!

weight means nothing really at over 100mph. You need power and Aero... Porsche is not shy on either. Hence why they go over 170mph....

if you left it for dead... he wasnt trying if you were in 4th and doing over 100mph

Carrera 4's are big heavy and not exactly the worlds fastest cars down because power to weight.... but above 100mph you would NOT leave one for dead in a Clio with LESS power. NOT A CHANCE!!!!!

weight means nothing really at over 100mph. You need power and Aero... Porsche is not shy on either. Hence why they go over 170mph....

Big deal if they do 170mph, probably takes forever to get there. I can hit well over 150mph on GPS and it doesn't take long to get there. A Maseratti Grandsport Cambiasso F1 is a much quicker car than a C4 and more aerodynamic if looks are an indicator, and we know how that went (that was also 25bhp @ the wheels less than it is now).

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Big deal if they do 170mph, probably takes forever to get there. I can hit well over 150mph on GPS and it doesn't take long to get there. A Maseratti Grandsport Cambiasso F1 is a much quicker car than a C4 and more aerodynamic if looks are an indicator, and we know how that went (that was also 25bhp @ the wheels less than it is now).

so if you left a c4 for 'dead' you should be able to stick with a 996 turbo yes? I mean left for dead... Means you walked away from it yes?

Fancy a race with someone who is actually trying?

Coupe/Defender V8

My Bosses 4S is vastly quicker than my Clio over 100mph. & I'm betting I wouldn't be that far off you.

I've had a taste of a couple of charged clios and they are for lack of a more technical description RAPID. But a 4S is in a totally different league. I can keep with him up till around 60mph quite happily but over that it's just game over.

this is a 4S though...with a remap....and parr exhaust. Think that's about it? lol.

Last edited:
  Coupe/Defender V8
so if you left a c4 for 'dead' you should be able to stick with a 996 turbo yes? I mean left for dead... Means you walked away from it yes?

If the 997 is any indication I'd LOVE to see that lol

mso

172 cup supercharged
When your on the road there is only so much you can get out of your car, its not often you can get upto max speed no matter what your driving.A sc clio is very fast between say 50mph to 120mph (real world speeds)this is what makes them so much fun to drive and keep up or beat alot of much faster top speed cars.Again all i can say is have a go in one and if anyone thinks a itb one will keep up are talking crap!!!!!!!!

MCS R56
If you can get more power out of a Clio for £4k let me know.

Insurance went up £100 declaring everything I've done (bucket seats, cage, harnesses, supercharger, intercooler, filter, injectors etc...)

Not really my point. 4k for what you get is gash, imo. Each to their own.

100 notes on insurance is okay though.

A C4 has comparable power to my Clio, around 300+bhp, the turbo
is what, 450+bhp? (C4 and turbo are hardly in the same league) Don't really see what's so difficult to understand really, and you obviously missed the video posted almost a year ago with a play against my friends 400+bhp Maserati, which had it not been up on here no one would have believed in typical internet know it all keyboard warrior style.

But sure, I'll have a play with a turbo :)

My Bosses 4S is vastly quicker than my Clio over 100mph. & I'm betting I wouldn't be that far off you.

I've had a taste of a couple of charged clios and they are for lack of a more technical description RAPID. But a 4S is in a totally different league. I can keep with him up till around 60mph quite happily but over that it's just game over.

this is a 4S though...with a remap....and parr exhaust. Think that's about it? lol.

I've had ITB's with cams years ago on my Clio, the difference is night and day.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
So if the Clio and the C4 have similar power....

How were you able to 'leave it for dead' at over 100 mph????

Thats my point.

Does your supercharger allows your Clio to defy the laws of Physics?

P.S I am NOT slagging your Clio and it must be a very cool car by the way :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
LOL @ everyone doubting how quick charged Clio's really are.
My 172 currently has a similar amount of power at the wheels as SpagBol's and trust me on this, a C4S is not as quick up to 150ish. Neither is a standard Evo VIII FQ360 from a rolling start!
I know nobody will believe me / us, but TBH I really don't care. I know how quick it is, I don't need somebody telling me otherwise.
Still, the time for more boost is rapidly approaching :)

53 Clio's & counting
When your on the road there is only so much you can get out of your car, its not often you can get upto max speed no matter what your driving.A sc clio is very fast between say 50mph to 120mph (real world speeds)this is what makes them so much fun to drive and keep up or beat alot of much faster top speed cars.Again all i can say is have a go in one and if anyone thinks a itb one will keep up are talking crap!!!!!!!!

iv driven Ktec's turbo, and 2 itb'd Clio's and there is not a considerable amount of difference between the two, thats my experience and im not into talking crap. Im not saying all will be thesame, this is my experience.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
LOL @ everyone doubting how quick charged Clio's really are.
My 172 currently has a similar amount of power at the wheels as SpagBol's and trust me on this, a C4S is not as quick up to 150ish. Neither is a standard Evo VIII FQ360 from a rolling start!
I know nobody will believe me / us, but TBH I really don't care. I know how quick it is, I don't need somebody telling me otherwise.
Still, the time for more boost is rapidly approaching :)

There is a BIG difference in being as faster or faster and 'leaving it for dead'

As I said I am sure the Supercharged Clios are very fast cars :cool:

DMS

A thirsty 172
Go and get a vid then...Avoids any doubt and stops the pub bragging chat!

I happily would if the conditions were right (a track / Santa Pod etc) and I knew somebody with a C4S. I'd even happily get flamed for posting it on here like everyone else does.

Porkie: I agree, mine doesn't "leave one for dead" but it's still quite a bit faster in a straight line.

The thing is though, it's all much of a muchness. In the real world the Porsche would still be just as quick most of the time. My car spends more time in traffic than going quickly (with the world's heaviest clutch, I might add).

Coupe/Defender V8
I've had ITB's with cams years ago on my Clio, the difference is night and day.

Noted, I agree. It (you) would leave me dead in the water. (I just much prefer the drive you get with itbs)

However, night, day, brunch or breakfast I would very much like to see you leave a 4S or turbo over 100 at all let a lone for dead man, I just can't see it. Gladly prove me wrong though, your car is awesome

Noted, I agree. It (you) would leave me dead in the water. (I just much prefer the drive you get with itbs)

However, night, day, brunch or breakfast I would very much like to see you leave a 4S or turbo over 100 at all let a lone for dead man, I just can't see it. Gladly prove me wrong though, your car is awesome

I never mentioned the turbo, there's a world of difference between a 300bhp n/a and 450bhp turbo porsche i would imagine.

I dont need to prove anything, people can choose to believe it or not, but if side by side with a 400+bhp Maserati doesnt convince people, nothing will.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I never mentioned the turbo, there's a world of difference between a 300bhp n/a and 450bhp turbo porsche i would imagine.

I dont need to prove anything, people can choose to believe it or not, but if side by side with a 400+bhp Maserati doesnt convince people, nothing will.

i saw him spank the maserati, off the line and rolling.

and i had the pleasure of going out in this 172 and wow! its immense

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

depends on the speed mate! :)

from say 20-100mph I would see NO reason why you couldnt run with the fat heavy Maser or be faster due to your excellent power to weight ratio!

However at over 100mph power to weight doesnt matter so much. It becomes about power and Aerodynamics

You have same power as C4. You will NOT leave it for dead over 100mph!

Its just physics.

Would love to see the video. Sounds cool :cool:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I happily would if the conditions were right (a track / Santa Pod etc) and I knew somebody with a C4S. I'd even happily get flamed for posting it on here like everyone else does.

Porkie: I agree, mine doesn't "leave one for dead" but it's still quite a bit faster in a straight line.

The thing is though, it's all much of a muchness. In the real world the Porsche would still be just as quick most of the time. My car spends more time in traffic than going quickly (with the world's heaviest clutch, I might add).

lol. Lets be realistic, we all live for blasts on the main roads not on track where the RS is probably alot more capable than the porka, or on the strip where an Evo FK360 would muller you off the line.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
lol. Lets be realistic, we all live for blasts on the main roads not on track where the RS is probably alot more capable than the porka,

Yes those 911's are crap on track ;)

Its not like they are one of the worlds most successful racing cars of all time is it... :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
You can't admit to speeding on a public road on CS. You get lynched, which means you fight back, which means you end up insulting someone, which means you get banned. IIRC.

depends on the speed mate! :)

from say 20-100mph I would see NO reason why you couldnt run with the fat heavy Maser or be faster due to your excellent power to weight ratio!

However at over 100mph power to weight doesnt matter so much. It becomes about power and Aerodynamics

You have same power as C4. You will NOT leave it for dead over 100mph!

Its just physics.

Would love to see the video. Sounds cool :cool:

0-end of 4th againt the Maserati, so I must have been defying the laws of physics that day as well ;)
Physics is one thing, power at the wheels, transmission lossess and gearing all seem to have been forgotten, but ho hum.

Video is no longer available, I took it down due to people on here.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yes those 911's are crap on track ;)

Its not like they are one of the worlds most successful racing cars of all time is it... :)

Ok...Fair enough, but the 4CS was never a track focused model, in the right hands it's more than capable, but i'm sure you know the reality of small cheap cars with slicks, stripped, and a bit of power... I've seen plenty of rs's hold their own on track.

Plus most porka owners actually care for their cars...More RS track drivers couldn't care if they end up with a stone chip on the front! ;)

172 turbo & BMW 1m
0-end of 4th againt the Maserati, so I must have been defying the laws of physics that day as well ;)
Physics is one thing, power at the wheels, transmission lossess and gearing all seem to have been forgotten, but ho hum.

Video is no longer available, I took it down due to people on here.

car sounds the bizz you got any pics mate

loads of people underestimate how quick a turbod or sc clio is
ive raced a few high powerd cars and beat them its well worth the
cash:D

Status
Not open for further replies.