ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup suspension

172 cup
my 172 cup is on standard suspension. has done 48000 and 8 years old. should i replace it with standard. or is aftermarket a better option . i do not want to lower it from what it is. but hopefully inprove the ride quality. it feels like it is pattering about a lot as if the shocks and springs are not working well. most french cars i have had in the past the suspension had gone off by 50000m .went on a new pice of tarmac road the other day and the car was yo yo ing up and down as if the damping was not reacting fast anought. have not drove any other cars so can not compare , but it does not feel right.. garry

big boost cup
If your not wanting to lower it then OE is the way forward for you. i had the same problem with mine ages ago and it was due to the rear dampers being broken

Stripped yozza'd cup
As said, standard is very good mate. You could always get new standard shocks and Eibach proline springs..... The drop is only 10mm iirc and the ride comfort and handling will be excellent.

Suzuki Jimny
I got prolines on mine two days ago. They ride better than standard over little bumps and are better in the corners. Also didn't lower it by much (5-10mm)

Stripped yozza'd cup
I got prolines on mine two days ago. They ride better than standard over little bumps and are better in the corners. Also didn't lower it by much (5-10mm)

They'll drop a little more over time, i'm sure they're quoted 10-15mm drop but i may be wrong.