ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup temp sensor

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos
I picked up my 172 Cup on Friday and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

But, the temp gauge is reading low so I guess the the thermostat is knackered, but I want to change the coolant temp sensor too whilst I'm at it.
Does anyone have a part number or link for the right one?

Also, I'll be breaking into the coolant system so may as well drain and refill. Do I use the genuine Renault D type green stuff?

Cheers in advance guys

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi give renault wolverhampton a ring mate with your reg for the cup,cheapest around for me,and brilliant to deal with over the phone

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos
Thanks Ads, may give my local dealer a call first for the sensor and coolant.

In terms of the thermostat, Eurocarparts do a Circoli one at less that £4. Renault is around £25.

Has anyone used the ECP one?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
yes do not get the ecp it is garbage renault only on both items,you will find the above cheaper than your delaer mate even with delivery

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos
Ah I see, I thought they were your local dealer or something, but if they are substantially cheaper then ill certainly give them a try, are they an independent set up?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
they were on here mate,nowhere near me ring htem quote cliosport.net when you get through to parts

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos
Hi give renault wolverhampton a ring mate with your reg for the cup,cheapest around for me,and brilliant to deal with over the phone

Just gave these guys a call and they were super friendly, great to deal with, and the prices seem very good compared to my local Renault dealer. Just placed an order which should arrive on Wednesday. Cheers for the recommendation Ads, much appreciated :)