ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup/type r/impreza turbo

Clio 172 mk2
I had probably the ultimate Impreza.

Full WR kit, AP brakes GEMS ECU with Antilag, Whiteline ARBs poly bushed. Awesome car. Unrivalled pace. Best noise on the planet. Was an event just going to the shops in it.

Running costs for the 2.5 years I had it were 18k. That does not include buying (or tuning it 10k+ LOL!). Just running it, services, fuel insurance etc. 4 figure service bills were commonplace, as were 160 miles to a tankful.

Due to a change of circumstances I now drive a 172 Cup.
Clio costs peanuts and is more chuckable.

Fun, I've learned, isn't measured by how much you can spend.

Daz

Well said

The Impreza experience wore off pretty quickly for me.....still great cars though:D

53 Clio's & counting
i loved my old scoob,a uk spec prodrive fiddled turbo,about 250 bhp,so nippy but not fast,my old hybrid would hgave eaten my scoob for breakfast up to 100

made the best noise in the world and got loads of attention in it (i was only 20 at the time tho...) but was lucky to get 25 mpg and the tank was smaller than my 172s is now so fequent fuel stops are nessesary
prodrive suspension made a world of difference,but in all honesty comparing running costs,and fun factor the clio wins

Nissan 350Z
You thought about integra type-r?

Id pick one of those over the ctr anyday.

Can vouch for that. I traded my 182 in for a JDM DC2 Integra, and its a fantastic car. Definitely better than the CTR or Clio Sport. Faster, better looking, better built, better handling and better sounding. A lot more expensive to insure though.

Never driven a scoob. Know someone who did, and he seemed to like it.

I cant speak for the scoob, but I would still pick the 182 over the CTR. It was just more fun IMO. But the teg, well that really IS fun.