ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup V. 182 cup

MCS R56
Look, we've already established that the 182 is ten better than the 172. And that the Trophy destroys them both. And it Destroys Gallardo's too (EVO said, merchants of truth).
And ph1's are fastest and bestest.

And this has what to do with this thread?

Away and shine your throttle cable.

The 182 Cup is worst RenaultSport Clio ever produced.

It's bought by people who couldn't afford the proper version or because they fell for the 'Cup' marketing which used to mean something. Now it's just added because Renault have an excessive amount of parts left.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

It's bought by people who couldn't afford the proper version or because they fell for the 'Cup' marketing which used to mean something. Now it's just added because Renault have an excessive amount of parts left.

Lol. It's 76 better than your car. Fact.
Anyway, we've entered the culling season. 172cups will be extinct soon.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Have to lol at 'used to mean something'. They made 1 'genuine' cup, it's hardly a name filled with heritage. Bit it's still 66 better than yours.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
But the 4k gets you a much nicer car and Jesus wasn't the first owner ; p.
hey joseph was the first owner of mine, followed by mary, then jesus, get it right FFS!:rolleyes:

Not worth £4k though, you could spend the majority of that on a supercharger and you'd have no contest, you should've thought wiser baked bean man!

172, Tiguan
I think its all down to personal preference really. Have a drive of them all. I have, many times, and know which one i'd rather always own and it wouldn't be orange and wouldn't be red.

:)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I didn't go for a certain colour I knew I wanted a 182 cup and went on the condition, viewed a rb 1 but my inferno only had 32k and was imaculate so went for it.

Clio 172 RS2
^^^ PH2 is the best looking...

About the weight thingie, get rid of the sparewheel and tooling like a 182 does and save @ least 20 kg. ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Of the RS' that I've owned, being honest, the only one I regret buying is the 182cup. But I wanted RB, but my Iceburg Ph2 was a great car.

Phase 1 172 is very similar to a Williams in feeling and throttle response but as I wanted the best of the Phase 2's I bought a Trophy.

;)

Oh and BTW I know its not on topic but meh.

Z4
Of the RS' that I've owned, being honest, the only one I regret buying is the 182cup. But I wanted RB, but my Iceburg Ph2 was a great car.

How does the phase 1 feel compared with the 172/182? I used to have a 172 cup (yes, the proper, mans, elite, untouchable one) and am now thinking about getting a ph1 as a toy.