ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup vs 200 Cup Packed

Megane R26
Hey guys,

Probably been Covered plenty of times but I was really surprised when I picked up my old 172 Cup few days ago.
Have have a standard 200 with Recaros & Cup suspension pack which I use on local runs. I fancied something more old skool to replace my 106 Rallye 16v and made a deal on my old 172 Cup and to stick the gf into.

The Cup has the below mods but absolutely spanks the 200 which I wasn't expecting. Especially in a straight line it just scampers off into the distance!

Ktec stealth
182 manifold
Matched inlets
Ktec induction kit
Mapped to 180bhp
Ktec top mounts
Ktec engine mounts
Whiteline rear arb
Decent hanook tyres.

I know the 200 runs spot on and is in fact a tad nipper than 2 200s belong to mates.

But seriously, that little Cup goes some! Sound about right?

DSC_0028_3.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
sounds about right my mates EP3 used to be a god bit quicker than my 200, but my standard cup is bang on with it, nothing in it, quicker than my trophy :rage:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
As above, a well maintained 172 Cup with some choice mods is really all anyone needs to have fun in.

I've considered ATB's, cams & remaps for mine but all it really needed was some good brakes and to make sure all the bushes/mounts are nice and tight. Not the fastest thing on the planet but I always have a smile on my face when i've driven it.

Megane R26
As above, a well maintained 172 Cup with some choice mods is really all anyone needs to have fun in.

I've considered ATB's, cams & remaps for mine but all it really needed was some good brakes and to make sure all the bushes/mounts are nice and tight. Not the fastest thing on the planet but I always have a smile on my face when i've driven it.

Mine has actually had a fair bit of work done at Diamond motors in the last few years, plenty of receipts. Bought it off a chap up in Nottingham who got a trophy shortly after. Then sold it last year and just bought it back :) smiles per miles is more than my R8 with 520bhp!