ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup windscreen

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi i am getting a new windscreen for the cup,is there anything i have to say to the company as i thought the cup glass was different

Thanks

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Only the side windows are different (slightly thinner I believe) fronts are all the same.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i have just looked and mt one doesnt have something in the middle of the dash like a black box,that is on the normal ones?

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Cup doesn't have an athermic windscreen. The one on my Dads 182FF had an area that would allow GPS signals etc to pass through. Same windscreen as base model clios I thought.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
ones with rainsensors are tinted. PH1 clios and early ph2s have tinted screen but the cup is just a bog standard piece of glass

172 rag
@ADS1982
Because I did that job last year. the windscreen is the same as the base models. I would advise you to get the windscreen seal kit from Adam.
Its the surrounding 3 pc kit and cost about £20. It does worth changing it now.
Lastly make sure that they clean properly the old glues.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
how much is a new screen so i dont get tucked up non insurance paying myself thanks

172 rag
Yeap
Shop around and ask if they give guarantee for correct fitment ( in case of leakes) touch wood.
Check also the drain pipes for leaves dirt etc. Its a good opportunity ;)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That's rather over complicating matters! The bits around the edge are just to stop wind noise, the sealing is done using the stuff in the gun.
Last year I had my screen replaced, took one out of a car and got it fitted for £50 so it ended up being cheaper than the insurance excess. Can't remember the cost but the basic screen isn't that expensive from Renault.