ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Im looking to get a Clio this week havent found one yet. My question is, it wont be getting used much as i have a van and i would want to track it a couple of times a year:evil:

Should I hold out for a cup or would a normal 172 be ok as ive had one before?

Budget between 3k and 4k tops.

If anyone knows of of one for sale in the Northwest/ North Wales give us a shout as i wont have time to travel far to view one;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
They are all RS's mate.

Cup is the raw version which is what i would choose,bit like the rallye versions pug did.

172's have all the toys.Theres not a great deal between the two but for the best drivers car i'd pick a cup.

If this was to be your only mode of transport then i'd take the comfort of the 172,but as you said it would be a weekend car so the cup gets my vote.Just make sure the belts have been done...

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Nice one I read about the belts;)

Is both cup packs the spoiler and suspension??

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Nice one I read about the belts;)

Is both cup packs the spoiler and suspension??

Only on 182 (Just to confuse things!)

The 172Cup was the original 'Cup',

Then there was the 182 with Cup packs (Spoiler/Suspension)
Then 182 Cup.

I had a 172 Cup as my daily runner for just over 5 years and loved the Car.

Clio Trophy 182
172 cup all the way for sure. its the real cup. not a 182 cup cuz its got traction abs air con etc not sure why they called it a cup lol. and forget the 182 with cup packs. 172 cup is the best and the fastest out of all of them trust me. i had them all. :D

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I want a 172 cup, been looking and searching for all different types of cars since i sold my Scooby and its a 172 cup;)

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Get a ph1 172 mate! Bets driver focused RS clio ever made!

Ive had a 172cup, a normal 172 AND a ph1 172, the ph1 was by far the best!

172 Cup
I've just bought a 172 cup, had it a week now.....I love it!!

Awesome performance. So quick...the noise, the feel, the acceleration, altogether its such a thrill. And it looks great too

My last car was a 2000 Vectra GSi, 2.5 V6 with around 200bhp. The clio would run rings around it

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
It would certainly help you spending money on the car,everything has been done to it...

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Im thinking now I need a bit more money for the right car:(

But we will see;)

172 Cup
If you are looking at tracking it, definately go with the Cup.

Good look with your search, there are plenty out there.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
If you are looking at tracking it, definately go with the Cup.

Good look with your search, there are plenty out there.

I know but they all seem to be miles away. Im even discussing a price with a seller on a 182 with both cup packs not what i wanted but i need to sort a car out soon;)

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Just found a nice x plated 172;) Youre head gets battered looking for cars..........

qvtPKwW0KGrHgoH-CgEjlLl1-OzBKkSWNfk.gif

Clio 172 Cup!
Guted for yer m8 I got mine two week ago from southport ways 52 plate 172 Cup was looking for just a 172 but could not find a mint one :dapprove: 1 owner fsh cam belts done mint as too ;) and only60k miles a bit small for me but a wicked car! I just love it :cool: And the best bit I am saving a mint on Juice as my last car for 3 years was a Subaru Type-Ra runing 330 Bhp with lots of mods! 15mpg! :dead: Hope you find a good one m8 they are top little cars and worth looking for a good one I looked at 8 of them then ended up geting one 1/2 a mile from my house:lolup:

photo143i.jpg

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Nice one mate looks a nice one ;)

I had my Scooby running at 280 loved it but time to move on;)

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Found a cup with 60k on it but no history getting it hpi'd tomorrow if it comes back ok is it worth taking the chance it is cheap:S

R14 CUP
Big big risk - espeically with the belts - they snap, and your gonna save yourself no money at all taking a risk.

I'd never want to buy i car i didnt know the history behind.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Its needs the dent master to spend a bit of time on it;)

I will offer less for the belts etc