ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cups & AC

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
kullycliosport said:
cups dont have anything..................surprised we got electric windows :eek:

Kully, we got intermittent adjustable wiper controls...unlike the Trophy :quiet:

Donny

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Doh, I thought there was an optional climate pack. So if I want all the fancy stuff I'm better off going for a non cup model then ?

2 tru.....................open the window fella.

but seriously..............some1 on here did advertise his cup with optional extra "A.C" thing .:S

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
LOL I know what you are saying a cup with AC is all wrong but it really does not bother me. I'm going from my ridiculous power Evo 6 to a clio so I'm not overly bothered wether a cup with aircon is wrong or not. I just can't have a car without it now days lol although it looks like I may have to !!

A4 Avant & A3
Mine is a 53plate 172 cup with climate.. and after reading this i'm feeling bad about having it now lol
think i'd better remove it.

or maybe not..

RenaultSport 172 cup
I agree with CUPCRAZY. Your not hardcore unless your sweating your knackers off in a true cup Ha Ha. (Not that I get the chance in Scotland)

A4 Avant & A3
Does it count if i tell the mrs to open the window instead of putting the air con on??
or is that just me being tight? lol

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
kullycliosport said:
how r u fella....................? dont go posh on me now :evil:

Not too bad mate, enjoying the old sunshine, even without AC! U going to Trax? Could be tempted!!!

Just looking towards getting the turinis refurbed, and new exhaust, but don't think I'll get them all done before September! (Not with Mandy doing the accounts!)

Donny

172 cup
Erm...they didnt. I saw a garage online once that was selling a RED 172 cup, apparently. Was gonna phone them to point out they were wrong.

172 cup
One of the main attractions of a cup is that its possibly the nicest colour of clio (IMO). Only a daft person would respray one another colour.

VaVa
Cupster said:
Not all Iceburg cups had the CC, it was an option on them too.

Yes, but nearly all Cups ordered after the option was made available had the CC fitted and I believe that Iceburg Silver was made an option at the same time so it's possible that all Silver Cups do have CC!!

172 Cup
lagerlout1 said:
Yes, but nearly all Cups ordered after the option was made available had the CC fitted.

Hello again lagerlout, I thought it was EVERY Cup from then on had it fitted, or at least that's what you said last week...

lagerlout1 said:
how come once Climate control was made as an option on the Cup every Cup sold from then on had it fitted?

My point is this, don't make these sort of comments unless you have the statistics to back it up with. Do you even know how many Cups were sold after CC was made an option? Didn't think so.

If I recall correctly, CC was a £750 option (or something rediculous) do you really think EVERYONE who goes for the CUP will want to spend that much on CC?

Monaco Blue 172
cups with a/c....

what about cups with abs? i was looking at a 172 on fri which the guy insists has abs, but when i put the reg plate in for an insurance quote it came back saying the car is a cup version. is it possible the dvla have got it wrong? i guess i can check the codes inside the doorframe if/when i go back to look at it a 2nd time... should have gone there a bit more prepared really! :eek:

jooliona said:
cups with a/c....

what about cups with abs? i was looking at a 172 on fri which the guy insists has abs, but when i put the reg plate in for an insurance quote it came back saying the car is a cup version. is it possible the dvla have got it wrong? i guess i can check the codes inside the doorframe if/when i go back to look at it a 2nd time... should have gone there a bit more prepared really! :eek:
No Cup was over made with ABS. Easy way to find out is to look for the sensors on the wheel or the ABS computer on Cups they don't exist.
The DVLA have often put Cups down as 172's

Monaco Blue 172
thats what i thought. also its a darker (navy) blue colour which makes me slightly more convinced that its not a cup and the database is wrong. lol. am i right in thinking that CB1 means cup and CB0 means ff172 ? also will the insurance people believe me if i have to tell them its not a cup?!