ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Dash White & Blue LED Conversion

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Hardly a 'track' mod but I dont care really :) I still use my car on the road and the standard dull orange is nasty.

Before
DSC00224Large.gif

DSC00226Large.gif

DSC00230Large.gif

After
DSC00235Large.gif

DSC00237Large.gif

DSC00238Large.gif

DSC00241Large.gif

DSC00242Large.gif

DSC00244Large.gif

A HUGE thanks to richy22 who did the conversion for me today, it took abit longer than we thought due to the nasty sticky finish on the dial surrounds messing my paint up :( Ended up with an ok finish on it in gloss black, I originally wanted yellow but im happy enough how its come out.

Went for the white & blue rather than just white as I was orignally wanted just to break it up abit really, think it came out ok :cool:

Anyone interested in this for your mk2 or mk3 Clio pm richy22 for prices/options.

Bumder With A Buffer
Looks nice now hey Dan??!!! :)

il have a play with the clock I have now and see what I can come up with, il do it at work me thinks as I can play more there :)

Barge
I really like that. Looks nice. Love the white, and think the blue breaks it up nicely. :approve: I want.

Bumder With A Buffer
If any mk3 owners could live without the dials for a few days I'd do a postal service, I REALLY want to do a mk3 sport so I can see what's different to the base level mk3's

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Looks wicked. Was looking at a guide for doing this a while back-take it you've done similar & had the scuff off the orange plastic from the bulb lens on the C/C yea?

Does the speedo surround come off fairly easily? How is it attached?

Bumder With A Buffer
I made some special filters for this one as I couldn't be arsed to sand the original orange filter for the CC part :)

I still need to finalise the clock part from Dans one though, ran out of time :(

Bumder With A Buffer
Oh the speedo surround is plastic weldedin by the way. You could break these welds and glue it back on I suppose.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I made some special filters for this one as I couldn't be arsed to sand the original orange filter for the CC part :)

I still need to finalise the clock part from Dans one though, ran out of time :(

Fair play-did look like it'd take a while to clear the orange backing off! :rasp:

Cheers for the heads up on the speedo surround fella ;)

Bumder With A Buffer
You can sand it off with some 200 or 400 grit wet and dry. But then your left with a clear piece of plastic which "could" show the LEDs through them.

I found some White backed plastic at work the other day and had a brainwave.

Some electrostatic bags that resistors come in have a White kind of paint on it, and it worked a treat.

The surround isn't hard I think Dan was a bit rushed today (no offence ment) and it just didn't want to know

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
You can sand it off with some 200 or 400 grit wet and dry. But then your left with a clear piece of plastic which "could" show the LEDs through them.

I found some White backed plastic at work the other day and had a brainwave.

Some electrostatic bags that resistors come in have a White kind of paint on it, and it worked a treat.

The surround isn't hard I think Dan was a bit rushed today (no offence ment) and it just didn't want to know

Is there much clearance on it? Presumably with the white backed plastic, you could sandwich a layer of stage lighting tint over the top with white LEDs to give you different colour ways?

S23

The Cleee-O
Wow! That transforms the dash. Wish I didn't live so far away, would definately get this done though. Looks so much cleaner now. Awesome :D

clio 3.
really like that, are the LED's smt's or screw in type.... how easy is it to do, I'm a dab hand with a soldering iron and a set of screw drivers.

any how to's??

bullit

Range Rover sport
Looks really good Dan , been wanting to do this to mine but im not going to bother :( did you do it yourself?

Bumder With A Buffer
Bullit,

they are plcc-2 LEDs (surface mount)

there are guides in the guides section.

If you search for my name and LED you should find them