ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Dashboard Cleaning?

172 Cup
What's everyone using to clean and protect/dress the dash on their 172?

The soft plastics around the click and door handles doesn't seem to take too well to being cleaned with APC then dressed with AG Trim stuff.

Any better suggestions?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You're better with a matt spray of some kind mate. And after dressing you should always re-wipe the excess product off. AG isn't the greatest trim product anyway. When pre-cleaning I spray the apc on the cloth and just give it a light wipe over and then dress.

Something like these...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-satin-prot.html

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/303-aerospace-protectant.html

Plenty of decent products out there but stay away from the greasy gloopy ones. They usually don't last well.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's crap mate. My friend on here. RenClio got some on offer and it was pretty pants iirc.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
are you talking about the GT stuff Kev? what was it like?

My interior gets a regular wipe down with those big interior wipe things so as ling as it's clean I don't pay too much attention to it

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds good Dave. Looking forward to more products. :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
JD your posts are like something from sherlock homes. I can very rarely follow them. Took me weeks to catch on to BWAB

1.8 Civic EX
any good products for covering up scratches? In particular the face of the glove box. Seems to be the OHs favourite trick to scratch it with her bloody bags when getting in/out

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You'll need a gel based coating mate, they can hide them well. The simple wipe down products won't do anything.

1.8 Civic EX
any recomendations? I've never used any products on the dash, just a quick wipe over with a cloth to clear the dust and thats about it.