ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 decat - where from?

172 cup (again)
There doesnt appear to be many brands available for the 172 (im guessing because the 182 is easier to produce), a quick google search brings up janspeed items and i see that ktec do their own for about £120 - is there anywhere else?

On my old 172 cup, Charlie prospeed made one and inserted a flange on my original cat so it was easier to change the decat around come mot time - I only paid £80 for it back in 2006 and that was fitted, im guessing i could do the same thing again and it would be the same price as a ktec/janspeed item but can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative as its something I can fit myself as I now have access to ramps.

There doesnt seem to be any second hand on ebay at the mo, I have been keeping my eye out but are these something that come up for sale regularly?

172cup turbo & rx8
Bought mine from ktec, unsilenced bacause I'm not a big girls blouse ;)

seems to be good quality and fitment

172 cup (again)
I dont want a silenced one so the janspeed wouldnt be for me - is there any others off the shelf other than janspeed and ktec then?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had a silienced K-tec one, wasnt hardly any quieter than the non-silenced one.