ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 discontinued

Clio Cup Success

enaults Clio Cup has been a bigger hit than even Renault dared hope. In fact such is its success that the 172 may be discontinued in the UK altogether and the Cup offered with a list of options including ABS and air-con.

Article from: evo

Sorry if this has already been posted but was this evos opinion or was this officially from Renault?

lmao so which will be more exclusive now then, seeing as there seem to be more cups about on the road as it is anyway

LMAO so you spec your Cup up to 172 equipment levels what do you have, oh a blue 172. Renault full of great ideas...

I think ppl who want a car with all the kit in it will be put off having to pay extra to add them to a basic car (Cup) And might just be put them off a Clio all together and buy a car with the kit as standard. If you know what i mean???

I think it would take a fare bit of tuning to get it to 200 hp and then they have to think about mpg, noise levels, emissions etc. :(

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Thats not Renaults opinion !! Evo made it up !!

To be clear the cup is the one that is likely to be axed !!

172 sport is here to stay !! :D

nope, but if you contact scorpion, they are still in the process of designing twin piped systems for as many models as they can

The 172 is here to stay they have more options including full leather in different colours and loads more paint jobs, and that esp stuff .. U can buy that exhaused.somewhere

Clio 1.6 16V

I reckon that Reno will be punting their money in the Megane department from now on. New design and new concept. The Va Va Voom advert is about to see an even bigger chile. The RS Megane is soon to hit the streets with 220 bhp or thereabouts. You see a megane advert just about every night on the telly. The 172 has been a poor seller in France which is their main market sector. The 172 as we know it is probably writing on the wall. If so good for the second hand values of 172s. Im planning to hang on to mine for a few more years yet as it always puts a grin on my face. Lets enjoy them while we have them. Afterall the similar Williams concept is still going strong years later and still giving people loads of fun.

Allegedly the new megane rs has 200bhp, but you can get a 220bhp renaulsport performance pack (where have we heard this before?!) They reckon 0-60 of under 6 secs.

-Rob