ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 discs same as 182 ones

I got a spare set if anyone wants them (discs pads and callipers - only 6000 miles). Definitely vented by the way about 280-285mm.

[Edited by blackcat on 26 January 2005 at 5:36pm]

Suzuki SV1000S

Well I recently had my Brakes changed and now have Laguna Vented Discs all round. They seem to work better :D

My point is, if the laguna brakes fit then I presume the 182 brakes will fit too.

The front discs are 280mm diameter, and Vented.. (The front discs and calipers originate from the Laguna)

The rears are 238mm diameter, and solid

Yes they are same 172/182..

I paid £86.00 total for a pair of front discs and a set of pads from Eurocar parts..

The Eurocarprts pads are actually the same pads that renault sell but in a different box and cheaper, the discs were bendix..

Work fine and I didnt have to pay Renault prices! Even with staff discount OE parts were more..
So when the pads need changing again then i will replace the discs at the same time at that price..

Mercedes SLK350

The front pads on the 182 are different to the pads on a 172.

I have compared the pads off my old 172 against the pads on my 182, they have different part numbers.

172 pads have large chamfers leading and trailing, the 182 pads do not, resulting in a larger contact area.

The chamfers were there to reduce brake squeal..

If you ask for 172 pads now you will be issued with the flat pads as they have been superceded.. (unless the dealer has stock of the old ones)

The newer pads are also made of a different material to meet law/ health and Safety legislation, with the dust etc

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by 172 Exclusive on 26 January 2005

The front discs are 280mm diameter, and Vented.. (The front discs and calipers originate from the Laguna)

bang on

the Yozzasport brake kit for any 172/182/cup etc is now available at £275

ITB'd 172 POPTART

hmmm when i took the discs of my old 172 i was sure they were solid, oh well.

Yea Solid fronts and Solid back on my 172 :eek:

172, Tiguan

No, Cup/172/182 all the same car, this information is spot on.

Quote: Originally posted by 172 Exclusive on 26 January 2005

I paid £86.00 total for a pair of front discs and a set of pads from Eurocar parts..

sorry dont know what happened there. just want to know the best brake setup for the 172 cup as mine seem to be rubbish

[Edited by riccycup on 27 January 2005 at 2:23pm]

Lionel Richie

best setup ive tried is the Yozzasport kit

Brembo front discs, PF 97 pads and goodridge hoses

350 HARD miles around Bruntingthorpe, NO FADE