ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 engine into 16v

Has this been done? I compared my 172 engine and my 16v, is looks like a strait forward job? Or am I missing something?

Lee

BMW M2C

More chance of finding a Cup one, the lack of ABS means they crash more;)

Only joking of course. I was talking to a friend who works at Renault Wolverhampton the other day. They had a Cup in which had been rear ended. Obviously he had the front spliter (and wont sell it me). So there must be the odd one or two around, I expect they wont come cheap though.

Good luck, sounds like a fine project to me. That shell with a 172 engine in should = :D:D:D

on the 172,the engine ecu runs the abs too, as well as dash functions.

the easiest way,(but not the cheapest) would be to run it on TBs and managment.

we have toyed with the idea of putting one in a five:D

lol cool, but i dont see the point. The only reason to buy an old ugly french shed was for its Turbo potential, youd have to be loaded to tune the 172 engine to the same point, and then theres the extra weight.

-Rob

hehe one of my mates is half way thru fitting a volvo 440 turbo engine in to his R5 ! it looks mad just wires everywhere .

talk to Hill Power, when i was considering options with mine, he suggested a 172 conversion, about £3k i think was the rough price