ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 engine into valver

Tungy
Has anyone done this? Saw one somewhere on a forum with a white valver with 172 engine in but it was in foreign. Wondered how much hard work the wiring would be. Could you use the 172 engine and car loom and just change a few bits or is it very complicated?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Only one I know of is teh one you mentioned, edde might know of others, and I think BenR looked into doing it about a year ago, so he might be able to give soem advice.

Tungy
If I remeber correctly somone even got the interior in as well.

Not bothered about that. For the last month or 2 as my car has been getting closer to back on the road I've been thinking about a summer project. Noticed a few 172 engines on ebay 500-1000 quid mainly and it got me thinking. Car would be fully stripped and probably track only if it was to go ahead. But just looking into it for now.

Looking for a ph-quick...
Sounds like a good project Bradders. Take some time but i think we have enought patience judging on thje past few weeks!

silver valver/hybrid
hillpower are doing a 172/williams hybrid, but it has sat there for the best part of a year till the customer can raise the rest of the funds, nick said it aint the hardest swop in the world but i think the inlet will fowl the bonnet unless you want to go for throttle bodies.

Forget it.

It cna be done the first problem is how to moun tit stock 172 intake manifold sticks out if you use stock mounts so you need to make custom mounts to hold the engine lower in the bay so the bonnet fits.
Or got to throttle bodies which fixes the second problem.
Wiring depending what phase car you use and what ECU your using etc depends how difficult it is.

Tungy
Okay thanks guys. Looks like that idea's out the window for the time being. No way I could afford throttle bodies atm.