ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Engine Problems!

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has any input on this...

My beloved 172 is currently in the garage because of a nasty engine noise somewhere in the depths of the lump. Im wondering whether anyone has experienced any problems with cam belts (the car has only done 18,000 miles!!) as this is what the garage thinks might be wrong. Doesn’t seem right to me, especially as the sound was more metallic.

Frankly I’m worried that the garage can’t find the problem, and so are guessing that replacing the belt might solve it (at my vast expense, as warranty doesn’t cover this I imagine).

Yours confusedly :confused:

Stace

my car has done 22000 miles my noise under the bonnet turned out to be the waterpump warrenty will cover this but not the cambelt and bits and pieces to go with it costing me total of £316 parts and labour have a look at my other post waterpump on its way out.

Thats wierd because my car has started the same noise recently. It makes the odd irregular mettalic knocking (like a diesel engine). I cant put my finger on what it might be! You can hear it at idling but it may also be there when you rev th engine (just cant hear it!!). Mine has done 24K. Let us know what it turns out to be. - Hope it wont cost a fortune as my Warranty isnt valid no more!!!