ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 engine whistle at around 3000rpm

Titanium phase 1
has anyone else had this or heard of this before, if so is there a solution or is it just how it should be, at around 3000rpm i here a whistle when driving, it sounds like an induction noise but not too sure

Renault Clio 172 Ph1
Yes, mine does exactly the same.... doesnt seem to be road speed related, nor throttle position / load. seems to be a resonance that only occurrs at a really precise rev point. mine also "squeals" at about 7,000 Rpm, but i think this might be an exhaust leak / induction noise.

has anyone else had this or heard of this before, if so is there a solution or is it just how it should be, at around 3000rpm i here a whistle when driving, it sounds like an induction noise but not too sure

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
My mk1 Clio 16v used to do this with the K&N on, not heard of it on my 172 though but they are the same F4R engine aren't they? Nowt to worry about, just a characteristic of the car. Quite miss it actually.

Glacier White RS200
My 182 is the same, from about 3.5k upwards, dont have an unduction kit on it or anything, got it booked in garage monday to check my exhaust incase its split somewhere on it, as i read on here somewhere it could be that

182 with cup packs
I have this also my suspicion is that it's leaking at the cat/decat try fitting a new kit. I have a ktec exhaust which is when it started so when removing the old one must have disturbed something.