ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Exhaust info

Hello! Where did you find those pictures from?! I really like that exhaust surround....it will go well with my monaco system from scorpion! Please can you help me out with this!! Thanks

Kevin

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Hmm, tried e-mail motorsportworld a few days ago, still havent heard anything back from them but they do custom exhausts.

Other option is powerflow, but heard bad things about them, its either that or I go for a twin 3.5" mongoose. As I cant find anywhere that does an off-the-shelf letterbox style zorst.

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 16 April 2004

Hmm, tried e-mail motorsportworld a few days ago, still havent heard anything back from them but they do custom exhausts.

Other option is powerflow, but heard bad things about them, its either that or I go for a twin 3.5" mongoose. As I cant find anywhere that does an off-the-shelf letterbox style zorst.
KDF why dont u wait for the scorpion monaco system from scorpion...it is avaliable in 3 weeks time. i have the first order for one. i work at ffwd and it looks tidy.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Any pics of it, whats the tailpipe like ?

*edit* just googled it, twin inwardly rolled exhaust, hmm I would really like the boxter tailpipe option for the 172..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

okay I can get powerflow to make me up a custom letterbox exhaust, but does anyone know where I could get a heatsheild to fit it ?

Someone mentioned the MG ZR as a possibilty, this pic below is that a standard MG ZR heatshield ? and do you think I could get powerflow to fit it ? if it is a standard heat sheild can I just buy one from an MG dealer ?

http://gallery.mg-rover.org/data/511/18052003_0308_112557aa-med.jpg

Not sure about the ZR heat shield, but here are the dealer part numbers for the ZS180 heat shield:

Shield - DQQ000060MMM

Rubber seal - DQH000010
Nuts - DYH000250
Screws - DYP000380 (all come in single packs)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Do you think it is more likely to be the ZS heat shield ? (cheers for the part numbers though !!)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Thanks Rhys, that looks like a better option !

James dont suppose you have a pic :)

I just re-read the thread about the guys exhaust and trim and he states the trim is custom and made it himself. Asked him if he could make one up for me to which I would pay him. I will keep the ZS180 as a backup plan though.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Thanks for everyones help

My car is now booked into powerflow for saturday and I have been in contact with GB LEO (thanks mate) who is gonna sort me out with the goods!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Ill be interested to hear what you think - I want to get a duplex (one each side) exhaust for the Megane soon and it looks like itll need to be custom made.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye no worries mate, I will be doing the usual post with pics for you all to criticise once its finished.. ;)

Im with you KDF. Im looking to get a zorst sorted 4 my Cup. I will either have it stealth or save up a lil longet and get it custom and centralised into bumper. Personally I dont like the hanging look. I think Clios are smart without the tail showing (stealth) or the option of doing it properly and fitting into bumper IMO.

Im intrested in powerflow customs. Also would be keen on knowing ig GB LEO is willing to do work for others...

Keep us updated!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Sm00thie on 19 April 2004Keep us updated!

Will be posting loads of pics once its completed.. keep an eye out next week :)

Fraser, its the same one :)