ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Exhaust problem...

Got a 172 on a 51 plate and had been getting a metallic vibrating noise from under the car so took it to the dealer and it was diagnosed as the internal layer of the centre exhaust pipe failing, however according to them this is not a failure of the mechanical type and therefore not still covered under warranty after the first year.

So now Ive gotta get onto Renault to thrash this out as in my opinion, (and hopefully Im not being deluded about this), I should expect more than 2 and a half years lifespan from an exhaust under normal wear and tear.

Anyone else had this problem or can give me some pointers on how to proceed, dealer wants nearly £500 to replace, a bit over priced?

Cheers

J

Do a search on the 4k rattle, nearly EVERY 172 has had this problem so it is VERY common to the extent that it is almost a feature ! LOL !

:oops:

As for warranty, I had the same problem and I was in the final year of my warranty, I had this replace FREE of charged under my warranty.

Lee

BMW M2C

The warranty doesnt cover the exhaust as you say.

But, Im sure I read/saw somewhere that you are entitled to try and claim via other routes for a replacement as 2 years wouldnt be considered a decent life span for the component.

I think I saw that on watchdog when they were refering to Range Rover engines blowing up just out of warranty!!! Id guess it applies to other parts too.