ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 exhaust system - for free

Didnt put this in the for sale section as its not for sale ... its yours for free if you want it and can collect it! :)

I have the centre section and back section (rear silencer box) off a Clio Sport 172 (2001). These were from my car and swapped for a stainless system a while back. Theyre just sitting in my garage getting dusty so theyre yours if you can come and collect from near Reading, Berkshire.

Reason for replacing them was that the centre section was a bit buzzy. Nothing wrong with rear box as far as I know. Could be useful to someone? Let me know.

Mine will be going into the garage in a couple of hours - Leaving work in 15 mins to go and collect the magnex then down to the garage to get it fitted :D

Am I spotting a common theme here amongst 172 owners?!;)

Renault could do worse than include a stainless system as an option from new to save this exhaust-in-garage menace from spreading!

I thought it might be useful to someone as from my Mk1 172 days it was always a hassle getting hold of parts. Have things improved?:eek:

Unfortunately my 172 is no more. Greasy bend, solid object and all that. RIP :sick:

:(

Im going back to my skanky standard exhaust this week. Getting rid of the Supersprint, selling it to a good cause....... Roamer.

Keep em for when you decide to sell it? just a thought

Generous offer for anyone who needs one, they aint cheap from what ive heard :D

In response to chris_leic172...

The 172 exhaust most certainly is not stainless as standard! Normal mild steel. The centre section baffles are a known weak spot.

Have you spotted how the 3 year warranty specifically excludes the exhaust system?! It is only covered for the first year! Thanks Renault.

[Edited by ClioKev on 07 May 2004 at 3:51pm]