ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 exhausts

First of all il tell you what im looking for;
172 exhaust that has a very deep tone on idle and quiet but noticeable when driving normally. then roars when giving it some, loud enough to wake the neighbours.
Not too bothered on tailpipe, id go stealth, cut in or under the bumper as long as it looks respectable.
Options are;
1-Janspeed System, twin round tailpipes. Never heard any reviews on these.
2-Magnex System- twin round tailpipes. Really like the look of them, possilby cut into the bumper a bit.
3-Yozzasport-very pricey.
4-GDI-as above.
5-K- tec stealth or cut in.
6-Custom- Prospeed is too far. AAS is near to me.
Any other options?
Opinions on the above? pics etc
cheers

BMW M135i
The magnex ticks all the boxes for noise, a lot of people on here will warn you off them because they're a bit fiddly to fit, and the look of them is a little marmite. But i've got mine fitted fine after a little tweaking (and new exhaust rubbers), it does seem quite well made and solid as well.

A4 Avant
If you want loud and an awesome noise when giving it the beans, then go for Yozzasport with decat. No contest IMO.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
ive got the gdi stelth and it sounds great! a little beefy on tick over, not to bad when normal driving and really good when you havr ur toe in :D(maybe a little boomy on the Mway tho) i also got a sports cat and defo felt an increase in performance with the both;)

Z4 Roadster
I've got a magnex too - it's not going to win any exhaust awards but as noted above, it seems well made and pretty solid. Don't know how much they go for new, but I would imagine they represent decent value.

It's not too loud, but under load (like going up long hills) it can get a bit noisy.

yozza and gdi are very pricey, obv great quality, i have heard the yozza is loud all the time.

It depends completely on which system you go for.

We have Race Systems, Trackday Systems and Road Systems. Road is only as loud as the standard system.

/y0z

Lotus Elise 111R
K-tec cut in for me, my requirements exactly the same as you (except the wake the neighbours bit - but then I have'nt heard it when pressing on from outside) really love it, subtle then picks up as speed increases, purposeful as opposed to just noisy! Ps they fitted it for me as well, top quality.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
yozza and gdi are very pricey, obv great quality, i have heard the yozza is loud all the time.

It depends completely on which system you go for.

We have Race Systems, Trackday Systems and Road Systems. Road is only as loud as the standard system.

/y0z

It's WAYY louder IMO. I still love it though.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Alex,

Of course I cannot speak for the GDi or Yozza examples of the Stealth System, but our Recessed or Stealth system will deliver your requirements, with the same Lifetime warranty and at the most competitive price. The Magnex system is very heavy on the already under engineered rear mounts on your car. As for under bumper exits, these are often heavier still and simply compound the problem.

Our Stealth is in stock £299.00 plus VAT less your Cliosport Discount
(K-Tec are the only company here to offer a discount to Cliosport members) Delivery is £11.75 inc VAT.
Total spent: £345.51
Job Done!

Sean .

Black Mk2 172
First of all il tell you what im looking for;
172 exhaust that has a very deep tone on idle and quiet but noticeable when driving normally. then roars when giving it some, loud enough to wake the neighbours.
Not too bothered on tailpipe, id go stealth, cut in or under the bumper as long as it looks respectable.
Options are;
1-Janspeed System, twin round tailpipes. Never heard any reviews on these.
2-Magnex System- twin round tailpipes. Really like the look of them, possilby cut into the bumper a bit.
3-Yozzasport-very pricey.
4-GDI-as above.
5-K- tec stealth or cut in.
6-Custom- Prospeed is too far. AAS is near to me.
Any other options?
Opinions on the above? pics etc
cheers

I had the same requirements when i was looking for one, and i went for the k-tec stealth system, and im really happy with it.

Lionel Richie
i'll go out on a limb and claim our stealth is by far the lightest on the market, defo much lighter than the k-tec (sorry sean and dave! ;))

E92 330
my magnex rotted to poop, looks good though and did sound very very good! i like it so much i am thinking of replacing it with the same system, only thing that makes me warry is the fact it blew open all over the place. probs got about 50, 000 miles out of it! :S

Ad

MK2 FRS
£345 is more than the GDI one was for the 172 iirc... could be wrong though...

you are, it was £370 + P&P when I enquired.

I'm more than happy with my prospeed steath.

Had a magnex before, is a good cheap solution (when bought secondhand) and sounds good except on the motorway.