ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 - fault light and emissions

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
got in the motor this morning and the engine management system fault light came on :mad:
I Reset the ECU to no avail and it then put itself into safe mode (sitting at 3,000 revs!)
got the RAC out he found the fault (accelerater sensor) and cleared it, When he went i took it out got about 10 metres and came on again with the emission light :mad: could only go upto 3,000 revs. RAC came back out had a look reckons its the accelerater sensor, but when he did comp checks found it is still responding and % rising and falling as revs!!
Long story short we took it down to 'my garage' (emersons green, part of sj cooks) and they will have a look at it tomorow. To make things worse a guy from wales is supposed to be looking at my old car today phone also died (so now dont no if he will come!) and if i do sell it im with out a car!!! :mad::mad: but need to sale it to get belts done and now pay for this f**k up!!!

So question is:

1. any ideas on what could be? accelerater sensor, Exhaust sensors around the cat?
2. How much you think im going to shell out in cash? :( (Just aprox!)
3. Has anyone used my garage before and are they any good?

cheers

Steve